Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, April 14, 2011

One of the Projects in my Head...Finally Done!


This is something I've been wanting to do for a very long time, but you know how it is...things get pushed into the background.

I love the little solar lights that Walmart has. They are so inexpensive!
I've used them along the front walk
and along the walkway in the backyard too.
They even have spot lights that I've installed.
LOL Installed...just stick them in the ground,
making sure they will receive sun, of course, and that's it!

Anyway, on to my project.
This was a "use what I have project"...
meaning I didn't have to buy anything!

I have my Mom's old pressure cooker for canning.
It's been in the garage for a few years, but don't want to get rid of it (too sentimental). I'm not sure how to use it but I noticed the "basket" on the inside.


I saw this somewhere but can't remember where.


Now this basket holds the mason jars you're canning.
I love mason jars and have tons from both sides of my family.


When you remove the top part of the solar light from the stand,
 it "fits" pretty well inside the screw rings for the jars.
I had a few of the lights leftover from the walkway,
and my light bulb lit.


I had a can of hammered copper spray paint left from another project


I painted the rings, so they would better match the lights.


I glued the lights to the rings.
I plan to keep this "chandy"
here during the day so the lights can absorb
as much sunlight as possible.


One thing I forgot...
I needed chain!

Luckily I found some in the garage in my stash.
I then wove bailing wire (from my stash from the farm)
in and out of it to make it stronger and to make a hook at the top
so I'd be able to hang it.

I've been wanting just subtle lighting in the gazebo
and this fits the bill perfectly. 


When needed I just grab the chandy as I walk along the pathway 
 to the gazebo and hang it up.


Voila`!


Not to bad huh?...
didn't cost anything to make,
doesn't cost anything to run,
perfect! 


YAY!
Check off one of my to do's ☺☺
Now only 9,485 to go.

How about some gratuitous garden photos ;)

Hey, I got Petunias in my calf buckets!
I just transplanted them so leaving them here for a few days
before I hang them back on the fence.



Most of my Lilacs are in bloom



the Roses are beginning


baby Grapes


Apple Blossoms


I love Forget-me knots.
They reseed so readily and always bloom so well.
Love the color and how they fill in gaps for me ;)


the Freesias are starting to bloom,
they smell so good.


Cherry Blossoms


The Redbud is full of sweet tiny purplish red blooms



I was surprised to see this Browelia blooming,
I forgot it was even there.
  

a Fairy Ring?
 Weird how the Yarrow reseeded in a circle.
Cranesbill blooming next to it.


Ah, a sea of Baby Tears....
it engulfs everything in the winter,
then come the summer heat,
 it retreats back into the shade of the front arbor.


Wishing everyone a great week!

If you like this post you may enjoy these 
Garden items and plants in my shop

23 comments:

  1. That chandelier is very clever! I love those kind of projects.

    You have some pretty flowers blooming too. Happy Fertilizer Friday! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed beyond words on your 9,486th project just completed. How very smart and ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, Thank you for sharing your wonderful idea. Did I see a cute white rabbit in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, Your solar chandy is amazing! Great job! Your garden is really looking pretty too. Have a nice wknd!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's a very clever use of so many items - mason jars, canner, and all! Your garden looks wonderful - LOVE lilacs!
    Jane-Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely blown away by the brilliance it takes to combine Walmart solar lights, old mason jars, and a canning rack! You are a freakin' genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your lights!!!! So so cool! What a fantastic idea! Now I have to put that on my 'crafty to do list'! :)

    Looks like you are having some wonderful weather Deb ~ good for you!!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you did overwhelms me. lol

    I think you are one of the smartest, most talented, and creatively gifted gal I know.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lights - I would not have ever thought of it.

    9K projects to go - WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lights! That is tres clever my friend. Your garden is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't you thrifty!!! I love the solar light lantern idea. And you have beautiful flowers, and seeing your grape vine makes me wish I could grow one in the high desert area where I am. I really like your header photo. Since I LOVE everything I've seen here, I must return for a visit so I've become your newest follower! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful flowers. and love your new solar lights. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well now, I am loving this!
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOOOOOVE the solar lights!!!! Precious!!! You have some beautiful blooms there! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool idea about the lights! I adore lilacs!

    Happy blogoversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those lights are the smartest thing I have ever saw! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a clever idea!!! LOVE IT!!! I REALLY want to make one of these AND NOW I have to add it to "My List", hehe!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend...
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE the Mason jar lights! I am not embarrassed to say that I am totally going to steal this idea! Your flowers and gardens look beautiful! Thank you for joining TTF! I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a clever idea. It looks great all lit up. I am in awe of your garden, here in Ontario we're getting more snow and I'm longing for the days of flowers and warmth. Enjoyed the stroll through yours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superb idea! I love it!
    amber @ barbwired

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...you are so creative! I love your new creation, and enjoyed all the garden pics too!

    Thanks for linking to 2nd Time Around!
    :) Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your light is very neat...and I love all your gorgeous blooming flowers! Have a lovely day!

    HaPpY vInTaGe ThInGiE tHuRsDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATS! Your post is FEATURED at #AThemedLinkup 28 for Soup Recipes (open until September 27) from my previous linkup for Crafting with Bottles and Jars.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin