Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, March 19, 2011

What to do with Some of Your Old Windows

I'm joining these parties this week:

A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words

Cottage Instincts

Between Naps on the Porch


Coloradolady

Funky Junk Interiors

A La Carte
Coastal Charm

Tootsie Time

Not that you gals can't create magnificent treasures with the old windows on your own ...

You've seen me do this:


but I've had this idea since last Summer and have been dieing to get 'er done!

These were the kind of windows I grew up with so when I spotted them in a Thrift Store 5-6 years ago I grabbed them...I know, I know, but the were covered with other Treasures!

OK this is what I did.

I used mending plates to attach them side by side.

Front


Back


Get lots of chain
(because you forgot to measure)


Add eye bolts to all four corner of frame
(sorry no pics, got to excited!)

Then I hung them in one of the entryways of the gazebo.
(I only want one way in and out so this just helps remind people of that)

In my minds eye I see these covered with the honeysuckle with just the windows to see through. 


Using more technical items to hang them with...
Zip ties ;)

BTW, My Great Uncle made the chaise lounge you see. It has rope woven throughout the bottom (which I've replaced a few times) to hold the lounge pad.


I don't know if you remember I added "doors" to one end last year.


This is "The Entryway" to the Gazebo
(pic from last year)

Now just one more "entrance" to block...hmmmmm

17 comments:

  1. Love your window ideas! beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Love the lounge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great ideas for windows. I have several just leaning against the shed, but I won't get rid of them. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see them all covered with honeysuckle!! :)

    HaPpY vInTaGe ThInGiE tHuRsDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took something vintage, worn and turned them into a work of beauty. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old windows too. I have a fake window in my windowless laundry room. It is always a topic of interest when a visitor see it looking quite real. Smile. I love what you did. A fun idea. The rose arbor is beautiful!!!
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to build a greehouse out of old windows...just love they way they look!!

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do remember the doors from last year. Love the windows! Can't wait to see the vines growing. Thanks for joining JFF! hugs, LInda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a vision you have. I hope to see the end of summer result. I envision it to be spectacular!

    http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2011/03/art-in-bloom-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat idea, and seeing them all covered in honeysuckle vines is going to be such a treat. Love the chaise lounge, looks like the perfect place for a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great idea. I am going to have to be on the look out for old windows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a stack of old windows and this summer is the year for projects. Thank you for giving me a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas! I love windows.

    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love old windows and I have a few waiting for me to do something with...LOL

    As I was scrolling down I noticed a picture of a little girl on the side and was wondering how you got a picture of me?? I will have to post my picture...we could be sisters!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin