Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

.

.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

What to do with Some of Your Old Windows

I'm joining these parties this week:

A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words

Cottage Instincts

Between Naps on the Porch


Coloradolady

Funky Junk Interiors

A La Carte
Coastal Charm

Tootsie Time

Not that you gals can't create magnificent treasures with the old windows on your own ...

You've seen me do this:


but I've had this idea since last Summer and have been dieing to get 'er done!

These were the kind of windows I grew up with so when I spotted them in a Thrift Store 5-6 years ago I grabbed them...I know, I know, but the were covered with other Treasures!

OK this is what I did.

I used mending plates to attach them side by side.

Front


Back


Get lots of chain
(because you forgot to measure)


Add eye bolts to all four corner of frame
(sorry no pics, got to excited!)

Then I hung them in one of the entryways of the gazebo.
(I only want one way in and out so this just helps remind people of that)

In my minds eye I see these covered with the honeysuckle with just the windows to see through. 


Using more technical items to hang them with...
Zip ties ;)

BTW, My Great Uncle made the chaise lounge you see. It has rope woven throughout the bottom (which I've replaced a few times) to hold the lounge pad.


I don't know if you remember I added "doors" to one end last year.


This is "The Entryway" to the Gazebo
(pic from last year)

Now just one more "entrance" to block...hmmmmm
Blog Widget by LinkWithin