Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gusty Winds and Veggies

It's Fertilizer Friday over at Tootsie Time.



I was so upset, frustrated and downright depressed
last week that I missed Fertilizer Friday.

We had such strong gusty winds for several days.
my Cecil Brunner Arch went from this:


to this:


When the wind finally died down,
 friends and I were able to get it back up
and anchored to a 10' metal stake
that was driven into the ground.
 

The Rose seemed no worse for wear,
the arch on the other hand had some split boards,
but I think the Rose will hold it together for now.

I took a big sigh of relief until I turned and saw....


half of my Orange Tree was broken :(

I finished cutting the branch off
and then saw a tiny Orange on the branch that was left.
This is one of the trees we rescued when the house was sold next door.

Now the question...
should I leave the Orange on it or
remove it due so it can recover from the damage?

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*

I thought I'd share my oldest Son's veggie garden.
It's his first and looks great!

My Dad always had a huge veggie garden...
Papa would be proud Brandon ;)

Zucchini, String Beans...


Pumpkins....


Corn....


Butternut Squash....


Tomatoes and Peas...


even a few Beets! Yummo!


OK OK... I have to share this.

The place they are renting has this old water feature
...it is gorgeous!

Can't you just see it in it's full glory?
with fish swimming inside?


The pump actually worked at one time.
Yes, it needs lots of work but
I bet it was gorgeous in it's day.

Love the Petunia on top ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Here's my veggie contributions for the week..

Our first Cherry Tomatoes :):)


But more are on the way!


It's finally turned hot here so all the veggies are happier.

Lots of baby fruit too....

Figs


Nectarines (another rescue)


Cherry Plums


Granny Smith Apples


Thompson Seedless Grapes


mmmm, my mouth is watering!!

Now Hop to it and see everyones gardens over at Tootsie's!

11 comments:

  1. Oh No!! Poor Roses, POOR Orange tree! Hopefully it will survive the ordeal! Here today has been Very windy!
    On the other hand, that veggie garden looks Fantastic!! And sooo much fruit, Everything looks great:)
    Really like the old water feature.
    Hope all is well ~
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so terrible about your arch Deb! I am glad that you could save it. It looks gorgeous! Poor little orange tree! Maybe leave the little orange to give the tree something to live for? Shows how much I know about that stuff. Love all the fruits and veggies! Brandon did an awesome job on the garden. Now to go out and encourage my wee little plants to do something....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! Not the Cecil Brunner!! So glad you got her back up ... that is my favorite ever roses.

    Golly, everything looks so green, full & delicious ... when's dinner? Chuckle!

    Happy Father's Day to your hubs.
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn that wind!!! I know how you felt...My iron arch blew over a couple of times...but now it is anchored...hopefully well enough...it looks just gorgeous still...I wish for a rose like that one day! thanks for linking in...everything looks just wonderful...and yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Glad the rose trellis came out OK. What a huge veggie garden. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Sherrie's Stuff
    http://sherrie-plummer.blogspot.com/2010/06/fertilizer-friday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful garden you have! It's nice to 'meet' another plant rescuer. I'll bet putting that rose arch back up was quite a job.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was some wind you had! Glad the rose survived...I'd leave the orange since it's only one, looks about ripe anyway. Veggies look healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just hate that wind! Thank goodness the rose bush made it. It sure was stunning before. Living in the midwest I don't know anything about orange trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YIKES!!! That's some strong wind!! I love all of your fruits and veggies coming into season. I have a couple of grape tomatoes about the size of the tip of my finger lol. Our pumpkins and zucchini look about the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the beauty! I didn't get to have a garden this year..but you bet there will be one next year!:) Everything is just beautiful as is your background on your blog! Simply lovely! There is nothing like fresh off the vine tomatoes...I miss those so much! Your arbor is fantastic too...what kind of roses are those?
    :) I enjoyed my visit..
    Blessings and love to you,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about your arch. That rose on there is certainly beautiful. And the orange tree. :( so sad. But kuddos to your son for that great garden. You two have quite the green thumb.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin