Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

♫ Singing In The Rain ♫ (part 1)

Yes, we got caught in the rain in Monterey.
No worries...none of us are made of sugar! LOL
My oldest son drove for me...best gift ever!
While youngest son navigated.


I got to sit in the back.
A treat for sure.
No juggling the camera while driving ;)

We passed O'Neil Forebay
Didn't see many fishing.


Really enjoyed watching the scenery!


the rolling hills


interesting Oaks


and other vegetation




I love looking at the hills



interesting rock formations


and of course, Pacheco Pass,
also know as,
"Blood Alley"

There are lots of stories that have been around
for a long, long time conserning this area.

One of the most common is the Pioneer/Indian Massacre. 


It's said that the Poineers drove the Indians up
this mountain on
the easy sloping side
and off the shear side to their deaths. 


This is one of the most dangerous roads in California
with many, many fatal accidents. 


Some people feel a since of dread or
sadness when passing through here.
Some claim it's haunted.


And some have claimed to see UFO's.

Here is a description that has been written about it:

 "There have been numerous sightings of a woman searching for her child, hearing the sound of a stage coach and the snorting and breathing of horses, and a rumor that a woman was killed by a truck driver and she appears in the passenger seat of a truck, screams and then vanishes."




I haven't had any experiences...day or night.



A Strawberry Field near Watsonville...
some of the best Strawberries come from this fertile area
with it's near perfect climate
for growing them.


s a n d . . . . .
getting near Monterey


sand dunes and ocean!


ah, some of the many historic El Camino Real Bells.
These were first placed along "the Kings Highway"
in 1906 marking footpaths to the Missions.



More to come in Part 2 ☺☺

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the tour, thank you! ;-) You have osme beautiful scenery there. And the bells! Love them. Thank you for showing me something I'll probably never visit. Blessings, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scenery is so beautiful, love the rolling hills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip you were on. I even enjoyed it just scrolling through. What made it better was you left the driving to someone else. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scenery is gorgeous! Now you got me craving strawberries which I guess is better than chocolate! Were you going on a mini vacation or a treasure hunt? I can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin