Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Old West

On with our continuing saga of the Ag Museum.

The Proprietor has built all the buildings here himself,
including this facade of old west store fronts. 


Now a Killer Whale doesn't belong in the Old West,
but this one is really cool.
 Originally a pontoon thingy, turned Killer Whale.




Ok Back to the Old West.
Cute, huh?


There is even a working Blacksmith Shop.


Take a gander at that gorgeous newel post on the left of the entrance!


Everything a Smithy could want...


Look at the size of that Bellows!!


There's something to look at in every square inch...


Even the rafters...


So much eye candy for us junkers ;~)


see the horse collar hanging upside down in the center off the picture?
I currently have one and am trying to decide what to do with it.
Any suggestions?


On the farm we had several of these scales..


Now that's a Newel Post!


More goodies around the perimeter of the Shop..
Loving those old trunks!


I think maybe that huge Newel Post
and this huge Coffee Pot belonged to Paul Bunyan..


My Uncles used Separaters like this
on their Dairy Farm in the Livermore Hills.


I'm enjoying this all over again looking at these photos.
A few more and we'll finally be finished.
So many memories are evoked seeing these things,
it warms my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like heaven to me! Love everything there. Thanks for sharing!

    I would take your old horse collar, hang it upside down somewhere outside like on a fence. Get a plant holder thingy and put some trailing plants in it. Put it on the curve of the collar. Now I think that I have to find me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb, Your pictures have brought back so many memories of growing up on the farm. I can remember using one of the separaters like your picture. We finally got an electric one later on. My dad farmed with a team of horses for so very long. We use go pick corn by hand and pile it up. Then Dad would come with the team of horses and wagon. We would throw the corn into the wagon. My senior year of high school we still milked over 15 head of cattle. We would separate the milk. WE sold the cream in town and fed the milk to the hogs. See what kind of memories your pictures bring back thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't this bring me home. To this day, I still have a cream separator in my dining room but use it for a plant stand now. It still works wonderful and is in pristine shape.
    So much of what is in these pics are in two of the neighbors sheds. When his dad was still alive, he used to have bus loads of school kids visit and he would take them on history tours of the past....thanks for sparking still another fond memory
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all that rusty stuff!!! Looks like it was a great time!! Wish I was there, hehehe With the flowers starting to bloom, too? :) Awesome!
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin