Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

.

.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Brandon!! Let Baking Season Begin!

Happy Birthday Brandon!!!


It's  my oldest son's birthday (Nov. 10).
Boy, am I getting old or what??
He is 33 today but will always be my first baby ;~)


Each year I make Russian Teacakes,
 his favorite cookie (my sister's and I's too), for him. 
This also kicks off our Holiday Baking Season.
These are truly yummy!!



Russian Tea Cake Cookie Recipe.


Mix:

1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts


Chill dough.  Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet (cookies do not spread). Bake at 400 degrees til set, but not brown,  about 10-12 minutes. Roll warm tea cakes in powdered sugar. Cool. Roll in powdered sugar again. Makes about 4 dozen tea cakes.



 
Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin