Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Brandon!! Let Baking Season Begin!

Happy Birthday Brandon!!!


It's  my oldest son's birthday (Nov. 10).
Boy, am I getting old or what??
He is 33 today but will always be my first baby ;~)


Each year I make Russian Teacakes,
 his favorite cookie (my sister's and I's too), for him. 
This also kicks off our Holiday Baking Season.
These are truly yummy!!



Russian Tea Cake Cookie Recipe.


Mix:

1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts


Chill dough.  Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet (cookies do not spread). Bake at 400 degrees til set, but not brown,  about 10-12 minutes. Roll warm tea cakes in powdered sugar. Cool. Roll in powdered sugar again. Makes about 4 dozen tea cakes.



 
Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Brandon! Hope it is everything he hopes it will be!

    Mmmmm..... cookies. These are one of my favs. My grandma used to make them at Christmas. Ok, what cookie isn't my fav? Walnuts make my husbands mouth itch, so I make them with cashews. A slightly different taste but still good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these look good! Thanks for the recipe. Happy Birthday Brandon!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww happy birthday to your "baby" boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy. These are my favorites. I've got to get going if Baking Season has officially been announced! :)

    Happy B'day to your Brandon!

    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the goodies mom!! Thank you all for the well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb. This cookies look so wonderful. My Daddy used to by us wedding cookies which were my favorite and this sounds and looks alot like those.

    Happy Birthday to Brandon. Deb, don't feel bad, I'm right there with you. My son turned 30 in August & he's still my baby.

    Now for you ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You're the winner of my fall giveaway. If you will email me your address to cottonpickincute@hotmail.com I'll get this headed your way. I hope you enjoy it.

    Love & Hugs...Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Brandon! The cookies looks yummy. I'm sure they are the best since it is made with a mother's love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Brandon! Oh these look easy to make and scrumptious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, these are WONDERFUL. My mom has always called these "butter balls" and they were my dad's favorite. Also my daughters favorite, so they are made every year and at least a TRIPLE batch!

    oh, happy Birthday Brandon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had these cookies before I look forward to making them. They sound yummy!
    If you like Chocolate Mint cookies check out by blog for the recipe.
    Happy Holidays!!
    Chris
    www.curbyscloset.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't had these cookies in years! I LOVE them! Thanks for sharing them. I'm saving these to my documents in hopes of trying them soon. If you'd like, stop by my blog for a recipe as well---Super Duper Chocolate Cookies.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin