Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Trash To Treasure Party

It was slim pickens here for Yard Sales this weekend.


We stopped at an Estate Sale.
It was in it's third day, so there wasn't much left.
As we went from room to room, it brought back the memories of doing this just a few years ago at my Parents House.
The ladies who were having it were the daughters of the person.
I saw myself and my sister in them.
It was kind of hard going through this person's things......because I rememebr the feeling of strangers picking up and going through my parents things. But I reminded myself I was helping them out by buying things.....so onward we went.



First of all, why is it lately every sale has an Oil ClothTablecloth? 
And why do I feel the need to buy them??
This time one had a Holiday Theme with Holly and Berries, the other was a small pretty floral design $1 each. Also snagged a really pretty lace panel $1,
mirrored candle holder (needs a makeover before going to eBay) .25, the 5 glasses in the box were $1!

A bag of seeds $50, a little broken Christmas Tree (will be made into something, not sure what) .25, Jeannette Powder Jar with Swan on top that holds your lipstick (no chips, perfect! eBay bound) .25, an etched drinking glass with gold rim (cute) .25, assorted wooden spoons (another thing I can't pass up) and wooden handled kitchen utensils .25 each, a small sifter .25, and 2 old sprinklers .50 each.

I also found this pretty crocheted Valance (no plans for it yet) but for $2 I couldn't leave it there!

I'm linking up to Katie our host over at Along The Way With K & J 
for her Trash To Treasure Party 11. Be sure to pop over and see everyone's Treasure!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel but I found out how many people actually go to your blog by going to stats and it will show how many looked but can't comment. my friends thinks I'm nuts but I am having fun thrifting.You can teehee when You find a bargainlol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different services can help you find the perfect place for you and advice
    you what to do to reach it. People who tend to overpack their
    personal effects are always caught up in this dilemma.
    Backpacks come in a variety of designs, forms, shapes and colors.


    Here is my weblog ... northface backpacks

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin