Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

"Z'' Apple Pie


Ah Yes,
The Monster Zucchini!
We all have one that hides from us don't we?

But that's just fine with me because I have the Best Recipe for those big boys ;)
AND IT IS YUMMY!!!
*
"Z" Apple Pie
*

6 cups Zucchini ~ peeled, seeded, sliced
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons Cream of Tarter
1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
Dash of Salt
**

Peel and slice through the middle of the squash length wise. 
Remove seeds with a spoon.



Slice to resemble apple slices.


Cook in water until just tender.  Drain and place in cold water for 5 minutes.
Drain thoroughly. Mix all ingredients well and place into a 9 inch unbaked pie shell.  Dot with butter.  
Top with top crust, vent. Bake at 400* for 30 minutes or until golden brown.


The first time I made this I didn't tell my family it was Zucchini,
 they totally thought it was real Apple Pie!

More recipes

19 comments:

  1. Fruit and veggies in a pie ~ that means it's a healthy apple pie, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL

      Delete
  2. I'm with your family. I thought it was an apple pie too! Sounds yummy and looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is. Crazy how the Zukes take on the spices flavor to make it taste just like Apple. ♥

      Delete
  3. Wow, I had no idea this had zucchini until I scrolled through! So impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥ I know it's hard to believe!

      Delete
  4. Deb, I knew about a vintage mock apple pie made with Ritz crackers, but this is the first one I've seen made with zucchini. I love how the seeded slices look like apple slices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool how they look like apple slices huh! Tastes just like apple pie....with an over abundance of zukes, tomatoes, etc. I really got experimental. LOL Wait til you see the recipes coming ;) I don't waste anything! LOL Yes, I'm cheap ♥

      Delete
  5. Never thought to make that pie! great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's spooky! I thought it was apple pie for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know it's weird but tastes great. Gotta use those zukes some how! ♥

      Delete
  7. I NEEDED this recipe, thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looked like apple pie, I would not have known if I hadn't read the recipe. That's a great way to incorporate zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, this is one of my favorites for Encouraging Hearts and Home, this week! Stop by and say hello, and this post has been pinned!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin