Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Sun Gets Hungry Too!

This is what my Gazebo started out like about 8 years ago.
Climbing plants were added throughout the years all the way around it, so eventually I would have ''walls''.
The only exception was, of course, the entrance
and a faux doorway.
Looking through side portals

Windows were added
And a Petunia chair to the outside corner

Update to now.

I purchased this replacement roof from the same company that made this gazebo.  The replacement, cost an arm and a leg, never fit just right like the original did. It was a tad too small and just kind of wonky (that is a word right?).
That was about 4 years ago.
Needles to say the Sun and weather have taken
their toll and the cover is in shreds.
Which is what I was waiting for.
Yes, that may sound odd, but my initial plan was to have a cover long enough for the variegated and regular Honeysuckle and climbing Roses time to mature and grow big enough to provide cover for the roof.
They are almost there, so no need to buy a replacement that probably won't fit correctly again!
On the bright side, (pun intended) I don't have to take down my Mason Chandy and place it in the Sun to recharge.
There is plenty of Sun that reaches it now :)
Hopefully my container plants will still
have enough protection


from the elements to continue to thrive.
Odd but the large piece that is left protects
them from the afternoon Sun.

I would have thought that piece would
be the first to get eaten up.
I'm sure when Winter arrives there
 probably won't be much of it left.
But come next Spring,
it will look marvelous!

yeh, yeh, fingers crossed ;)

Til next time, get out there and get those pretty nails dirty!

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks really pretty, Deb. Have a great wknd!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin