Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Gazebo

The gazebo has grown pretty well...err I should say the plants surrounding it.
These first few photos were taken from the inside.
Honeysuckle covers the top and smells divine when in bloom.
My bedroom window is close enough so the scent can waft in.
This side faces the house.


Remember the window I hung a few years back?
Here it is :)
Along with a wooden and rope chaise lounge my Great Uncle Andrew made for my Grandmother. It has hung in there pretty good over the years, but is starting to have a few issues. I replaced the rope last year.
This side faces the fence between our new neighbor.
I have my collection of old ladders lining the fence...
basically to hold the fence up from the damage past neighbors dogs have done to it. Lilacs are planted between each ladder.


Another view. This one facing the fence to our back neighbors.
Large picking ladders line this side.
Sweet peas climb them on the left and any veggies I plant go to the right.
This year I have Potatoes and Zucchini coming up so far.

A Japanese Maple and Hydrangeas hang out inside



Honeysuckle on the outside.
 Garlic Chives and Red Sweet Peas reseeded themselves over here.
These 2 Petunias are the ones I forgot to pull up and toss last Fall.
This Spring they both had new shoots that emerged from the base!
It's an Annual isn't it?
When it died back it should have been dead dead, right?


I'm happy it's happy! :)


Orange Tree covered in sweet smelling blossoms.


The last Lilac blooming :(



Wishing all a wonderful gardening weekend!

*********************

I just received some upsetting news regarding Carla Jane, B&T's new pup that I posted about a few days ago.  She was taken in to their vet for a check up and vaccines and has been diagnosed with Parvo. Luckily my dogs are current on their vaccines. I bleached the area she pottyed in as my vet suggested. But any area she was in has been compromised. They aren't sure what they are going to do yet, B is out of town on business, so that makes the decision even harder. The two choices given are put her down or go through a very costly treatment, which I'm not sure will guarantee her survival.

I'm using this as an important message to remind everyone to keep all vaccines for your pets up to date.

12 comments:

  1. Your pictures of your garden are BEAUTIFUL! Isn't a gazebo wonderful? We have been having lots of rain and my gardens are going to need LOTS of weeding soon OR I'll have to name them all with their WILDFLOWER NAMES.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just hopped over from Fishtail Cottage. Your gazebo is surrounded with love that's for sure. I love the sweet smell of Honeysuckle. I haven't planted any at this home yet, but it is in the plans. So sorry about the puppy. I am now following you.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your gazebo is unlike anything I have ever seen before! SO many pretty blooms and your eye for detail is amazing! Love the windows!

    I noticed you are growing sweet pea. I have heard they don't do well in heat, is this true with yours? I want to plant them by a trellis but this has me concerned. Help!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your garden gazebo, deb! i just planted honeysuckle and its grown to 5' already:) so sorry about the puppy:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created some very cozy areas. A lot of gardeners make the mistake of pulling "annual" instead of letting them die back naturally. Nature has a way of surprising us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about the dog. So sad. I envy you your pavilion/gazebo. I left one behind in Texas last fall when I got a divorce. I think I'm going to look for some honeysuckle.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to be able to smell the honeysuckle from your window! I was able to enjoy the neighbour's lilac tree but mine failed to bloom this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, your gazebo looks so cozy with all the plant material giving privacy.
    Parvo is such a nasty thing for pups, hopefully all will come out well.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely gazebo area. How fantastic that the perfume of the Honeysuckle wafts into your bedroom window. That Petunia that's risen from the dead was a terrific surprise. Well done greenfingers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gazebo is beautiful inside and out! I am o sorry about Carla Jane. I hope they give her a chance at life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear about that sweet puppy....horrible news. I've heard parvo is becomming more common as the economy is not allowing people to take care of their pets as they should - so it is being spread more easily. i know it sounds terrible, but they can turn the dog over to the vet's office and they can treat the dog as necessary ~ ? just a thought. thanks for linking up to Fishtail Cottage's garden party. Love your Gazebo - just beautiful and so enchanting! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is oh so beautiful. Gosh what a shame about your puppy :(. I really love your Gazebo. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you liked my two toned charmer buffet, and now I am following you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin