Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Is it Fall, Winter, or Spring ?

I'm joining in these blooming garden parties:

Etsy Cottage Style

 Tootsie Time 

We have had such a mild and dry Winter this year it's scary.
In the 70's, lots of wind, with little rain leaves it feeling more
like Fall than Winter.
My gardens are also so confused.

Daffodils and


Narcissus are blooming all over.


We had this nice crop of Swiss Chard for dinner already ;)


The Rosemary in front is covered on blooms
and those 2 little purple flowers to the right are Stocks!


 The Poor Man's Orchid /Bergenia are in full bloom too.



Katie and I sat by the pond for a spell and just enjoyed the "Spring" weather.


The Koi noticed us and started coming up



Ah, I know what they want...food!


This has popped up in the front garden.
I don't remember what I've planted out there....I know I'm bad.
BUT isn't it pretty!


There are white and purple ones grouped together.
They remind me of Lenten Roses but I don't think that's what they are.
But who knows?


I wish this photo wasn't so blurry,
 but I wanted to show you this white and purple two toned one.


My Nectarine is starting to bud out...


and LOOK at this..can it be??
two of my dead Petunia's are sprouting up!
I pulled out all my others and forgot these......
darn! I should have left the others.
Well, it just goes to show you how mild our Winter has been.


Wild Rose hips


My childhood fave from Mom's garden...and part of the same plant...
Oxalis is loving this weather!
We called it Sour Grass and used to pluck and suck on the stems.


The Sun just disappeared and the sky turned from a beautiful blue to gray.
Think we'll get some much needed wet stuff??

:( We didn't.
Just a 15 minute drizzle :(

16 comments:

  1. Definitely gorgeous, I am jealous. Tho I did find the crocus re in bloom already. Crazy winter for sure.

    TTFN ~
    Have a lovely eve ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow honey you really do have pretty blooms already and their so pretty.
    I know what you mean it has been a milder winter this year than last and believe me I am grateful.
    Usually in Feb I am freezing but not so bad this year.
    Glad you shared these blooms with us
    Hope you are well
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....I am sooooo jealous!!! Those are for sure Helebores or Lenten Rose....lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A piece of heaven! I loved the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A piece of heaven! I loved the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A piece of heaven! I loved the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say Hellebore too.....nice for mid winter huh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb, Spring has arrived in your area for sure! Lucky you! We had snow last week although it has melted...we could still get more, though. I can't complain. Wintr has been pretty mild here in Iowa. Your pond is beautiful, Deb!
    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely Hellebores. They are lovely! So nice to see the Narcissus up already. Mine are just in bud.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful garden and tons of already bloomed flowers! Thanks for sharing! It's been a mild winter here too, in Florida, but we have had a TON of rain! Take care! Grace and blessings to you. Regina

    ReplyDelete
  11. In spite of all the drama and all the demands on my time as of late, I always look forward to finding time to host and share for Fertilizer Friday. I am so lucky to have such a great group of gardeners to share with...thank you so much for linking into my little party today...I look forward to many more posts as wonderful as this from you! (and to having the time to see every one of them!)
    I hope your week/weekend is just what you hoped it would be!!!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful flowers. I am now following this blog. I found you on Etsy Cottage Garden Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautoful flowers. I am now following. I found you on Etsy Cottage Garden Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. at least you have some blooms, I do have some crocus, but the sun doesn't stay out long enough for me to enjoy them! Thanks for the lovely peek into your spring!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin