Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, September 1, 2011

TWO OF THE YEAR'S BEST COMEBACK RESPONSES

Number 1:



If you ever testify in court, you might wish you could have been as sharp as this policeman. He was being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial. The lawyer was trying to undermine the police officer's credibility ....



Q: 'Officer --- did you see my client fleeing the scene?'


A: 'No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several blocks away.'


Q: 'Officer -- who provided this description?'


A: 'The officer who responded to the scene.'


Q: 'A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?'


A: 'Yes, sir. With my life.'


Q: 'With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?'


A: 'Yes sir, we do!'


Q: 'And do you have a locker in the room?'


A: 'Yes, sir, .. I do.'


Q: 'And do you have a lock on your locker?
A: 'Yes, sir.'


Q: 'Now, ... why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?'


A: 'You see, sir -- we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room.'


The courtroom EXPLODED with laughter, and a prompt recess was called. The officer on the stand has been nominated for this year's 'Best Comeback' line -- and we think he'll win.




Number 2:


Now We Know Why He Was a General -----


 



In an recent interview, General Norman Schwarzkopf was asked if he thought there was room for forgiveness toward the people who have harbored and abetted the terrorists who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks on America.


His answer was classic Schwarzkopf.


The General said, "I believe that forgiving them is God's function .... OUR job is to arrange the meeting."


You have got to love them both!

1 comment:

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin