Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, November 20, 2017

Pruning and Yard Clean Up Time


Yes, my backyard has turned into a jungle. 
Believe it or not there are walkways in there somewhere!


The Pittosporum had devoured the waterfall and


Honeysuckle and Cecil Brunner took over the gazebo !
It's no wonder this is my least favorite time of the year in the garden. 

When I do get a chance I get out and
prune, prune, prune!
As these bags can attest I'm doing my best to 
prep the garden for Winter


I try to get an early start the backyard clean up Oct 1st. The city started coming around for curbside pickup Nov. 1st, so until then all the trimmings have to go in trash bags in our trash toter.

Back, so much better!



Once done with the back I move to the front and it's usually close enough to Nov. 1st to place trimmings curbside without getting a citation.

The front yard overgrown


Lambs Ear gone crazy


Weeds and overgrown Pomegranate towards back along with Rosemary engulfing bike.


Trimmings pile is growing


Front yard under control,
much neater and ready for Winter.


My pile is now double parked!
We still need to take down another small tree and
 then prune the large tree in front. 
Then we'll be done.

As you may notice all the leaves are left in my garden.
I NEVER remove the fallen leaves.

Yes, I'm a lazy gardener, but the benefits of not raking leaves outweigh the look of a clean yard.
Leave them lie!

That's another post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin