Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Girls Night In!


We were definitely due for a girls night in!
It had been a while since we got together.
The last time B dropped of some veggies from his
co-worker there were Avocado's in the mix too.
Time to make some awesome homemade Guacamole!
I have a simple recipe that I've tweaked
over the years that tastes yummy.
Easy Guacamole
Ingredients:
2 Avocados
1 Tomato
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
2 Tablespoons minced Onion
1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
This is my fav kitchen appliance - ''Ultimate Chopper''.
Believe it or not a neighbor had it in his recycle pile.
I grabbed it, sanitized it, ordered a new blade from Ebay
and it has been a life saver ever since
But I digress. gather all your ingredients.
I added the Avocados first and blended.

Tossed in the quartered Tomato (from my garden) ....


 threw in one of the Spring Onions (also from my garden),
along with the rest of the ingredients. Blended/chopped away until it was creamy and smooth. 

 Perfect! Creamy and yummy!
The Lemon Juice should keep it from darkening,
but I always leave an Avocado pit on the bottom just in case.
Placed in my fav turquoise Pyrex bowl it's ready to chow down.
Refrigerate if not using right away.

Next I made:

Deb's Fresh Salsa

Ingredients:

2 chopped Tomatoes, saving as much juice
as you can from the chopped Tomatoes 
1/2 cup chopped Onion
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of Sugar
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper, optional
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Cilantro, optional
Tabasco to taste, optional

Mix all ingredients together.

 B&T had passed on some fresh Cilantro,
but since I wasn't able to use it all at once,
I dried the rest.
 Since I didn't have any fresh available
 I used dried in this Salsa,
 which will rehydrate in no time.


Once mixed together, let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes
 to let the flavors marry and the
Tomatoes to release more of their juice.
Stir and taste, adjust to your preference.
Refrigerate if not using right away.

2 options for dips

If you're out of Lemon Juice,
you can always substitute Lime Juice.

Just remember to save enough for the MARGARITA's !!!!
You'll note my clock is set after 5pm....
no matter what time of day it actually is.

Enjoy!


  

3 comments:

  1. This is really fun! And I love your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad you enjoyed it!
      *hugs*deb

      Delete
  2. Looks so lush! Its been awhile since I had a night with my girls. They live far from me so I dont think this will happen anytime soon but I will definitely remember this when that night will come =) #ww

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin