Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hummingbird Cam and update on Herons

"Phoebe" is a Channel Island Allen hummingbird
in Orange County, California.


She has been laying 4 to 5 clutches each year for several years



I was able to see her feed the babies this morning ...so cool.
Afterward you could see the babies stick out their proboscis as if they were licking their "lips"

Hummingbird nest cam

******************************
Update on the Great Blue Herons:

The nest was attacked by Great Horned Owls on
two consecutive nights, April 8 and 9.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing the cam. We've been watching an eagle cam...never thought to search for hummers (my favorite bird). ; )
    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tiny Hummers are sweetly dreaming...thanks for the site. I saw the owl attacks on the Great Blue Heron nest...glad they are ok.
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin