Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Do You Have A.A.A.D.D. Too?

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D. -
 Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden.
As I turn on the hose in the driveway,
I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing.

 As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch
 table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier.
I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

 I lay my car keys down on the table,
put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table,
and notice that the can is full.
So, I decide to put the bills back on the table
 and take out the garbage first.
 But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take
 out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.
I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only 1 check left.
My extra checks are in my desk in the study,
so I go inside the house to my desk.
where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.
 I'm going to look for my checks,
but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.
 I see that the Coke is getting warm,
 and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the
counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.
I set the Coke down on the counter,
and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.

 I decide I better put them back on my desk,
but first I'm going to water the flowers.
I set the glasses back down on the counter,
fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote.
Someone left it on the kitchen table.

 I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV,
I will be looking for the remote,
but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table,
so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs,
but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers,
but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.
So, I set the remote back down on the table,
get some towelsand wipe up the spill.
Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what
I was planning to do.
At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed,
the bills aren't paid,
there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter,
the flowers don't have enough water,
there is still only 1 check in my checkbook,
I can't find the remote,
I can't find my glasses,
and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really
baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.
I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for
 it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

 Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!


6 comments:

  1. This is SO me!! LOL..and I'm tired at the end of the day and think...now what did I do today?? Funny and made me smile. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me all over the place just like you. Now I understand my exhaustion...I too must have A.A.A.D.D. I have to check the calendar to see when my next Doc. appt. is, but first I have to get another cup of tea, after I go to the bathroom to relieve the first cup. On the way to the bathroom, I see socks that have to go into the laundry, after I put the first wash load in the dryer and start a 2nd one. While there, I might as well fold the jeans that are still in the dryer from last night. As I pass the sink, I better put my 'face' on for the day, why did I come in here in the first place,? and where did I put my tea cup?
    Yes Missy, I have it! And here I thought I was just multi-tasking.
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is awesome! I do love dragonflies also!

    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I just laughed so hard I almost fell of the computer chair! whoops where is that mouse I just had my hand on, are you describing me?? Hugs, that was really a good one and I identify!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I really came by to say thank you for your comment on my blog and to say Hi but gee whiz you post distracted me and I forgot too! How is that for irony! Hugs again, Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL,,, I didn't know there was a name for this,,,,I call it; "One thing leads to Another, Another and Another,,,,Damn what was I Doin????
    Maybe That's where the AAADD comes from....lol
    I definately can identify.... Good One!
    Hugs back atcha ~ Angel

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin