Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fertilizer Friday ~ Plant ID 8/13/10



Friday means it's time for Fertilizer Friday over at Tootsie Time
where everyone shows what's happening in their garden.
Pop in and check them out!

 

My FIRST Lemon!!!
I'm so excited!


Things are starting to wind down now that Fall is approaching.
Not too much in bloom.



I'm not sure what this plant is.
It just came up one year about 3-4 years ago.
Well behaved, it stays in its own space.


Has clusters of tiny white flowers.
Completely dies down in the winter,
then returns in the Spring.
Pretty compact with the exception of the long stems
 it sends out with the clusters of white flowers on the ends...
sorry I just cut them off :(
Not all the clusters of flowers are on long stems.


Today's bounty :)

The rest of the grapes for the year.
Tomatos, Nectarines, and Figs.


The Nectarines went right into a Fruit Crisp.
Wasn't long before someone had gotten into it ☺


The Figs will be made into Strawberry Fig Jam on Saturday,
than's the plan anyway ;)

Happy Harvesting!

11 comments:

  1. Ack! I'm so envious of your harvest...we're having pollination issues in our garden, so much of our fruit isn't living up to its potential. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mystery plant looks familiar, the bloom does not though...hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, a lemon and you have figs. Okay, so you are definitely some place warm. I love the pink flowers that just came up in your garden and you have no idea what their name is. Those are so pretty. If you ever do get the name of them, please post it on a Flaunt Your Flowers day so we can all find out. They are beautiful.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend,
    Susan
    http://simplepleasuressimpletreasures.blogspot.com/2010/08/sunflowers-sqaush-and-few-bees-oh-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful late summer views of your garden. My Deck garden has suffered in this heat. I'm ready for fall and some new plantings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golly day, friend ... what lush garden treasures to enjoy! Beautiful!

    TTFN ~ have a wonderful summer weekend ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got such a big smile on my face when I saw your wonderful lemon. I used to have a couple of lemon trees and still remember the exhilaration with my first lemon! Great family memories of me and a future of yummy fruit for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden still looks so beautiful Deb! Mine looks so sad all the rain and coolness we have had. Unless we get some sun and heat soon, I am afraid my flowers will be done for the year. Such a short summer we had. :(

    Hope you enjoy your beautiful treats from your garden!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I'm so jealous of your figs! They look beautiful. I have a tree but its slow to start bearing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks soo cool ... and your bounty,oh my ! My mouth is watering...
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mystery plant may be a member of the astible family. They are very pretty fernlike in their behavior.


    D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin