Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Whew! I Almost Didn't Make It!



Yep, that's right, I still had my Thanksgiving colors on!
4 days from Christmas! 
WoW but Wow !!
My personal best longest lasting mani!

I did use my sister's chicken feathers again this year like last. I just love them and think they coordinate so well with the Fall season. They are molted naturally of course.
I really need to try my Tilly and the Keets feathers in the Spring. They are Spring colors.

OK let's get down to brass tacks ~

The rich chocolate brown is Nirvana (949) by Sinful Colors.
For my accent nail I used Sand Tropez (668) by Esssie.
While still wet I placed the feather and
 lightly tapped it down in place.
I roughly snipped the extra feather off at the end of my nail, 
then trimmed closer and more evenly.

Once dry I topped with a clear coat which was kind of tricky.
The feather was going the opposite direction you would normally brush. I didn't want to go against it and "ruffle" feathers.
I ended up brushing the top coat on backwards
 just enough to cover the feathers.
Once that coat was dry I put on another top coat brushing the normal direction followed by Seche Vite.

Finally a few days ago I found some time to 
change out the Season!


That beautiful blue is Sturdy Sapphire (720) by Sally Hansen, topped with Strapless by Pure Ice which is a glitter nail polish.
One Snowflake is on my accent nail in white accented with silver glitter both by L.A. Colors Art Deco.

OK Christmas can go forth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin