Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

My Iron Is Ruined!


I had decided to take all my linens and laces down
 for an early Spring Cleaning. 
Including all my curtains too.

Washed them in my special linen wash in which they came out smelling wonderfully fresh and clean.
Next was my least favorite chore in the whole wide world  :/



I R O N I N I N G  ! ! 

Y U K

:(


I went and grabbed my iron.
Walked down the hall into the kitchen,
telling myself the whole way....... 

"this won't be so bad,
just think how gorgeous they will look when they are done!
No more dust,
no more pet hair,
just nice clean dresser scarves and doilies and linens and curtains

and

and

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY IRON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


There was gunk all over the bottom...
stuck on dried gunk!
Where did it come from?
And what was it?
EWWWW!


How could I iron my nice clean linens and pretties with this ugly dirty thing?  I tried wiping it off with my hand, nope, it was stuck.
Don't ask me what it is, I already admitted I hate to iron - which translates to maybe I do it once a year? 
No one else in this house even knows what an iron is..... 
so I guess that means...... I did this to it?

How was I going to iron all my nice clean
 wrinkled linens?



I scrubbed with a scrubber I had, nothing happened...
I started looking all over the computer for ways to clean it.
My iron had never looked like this before so I had no idea what to do and was afraid I'd ruin it if I really went at it. 

Several suggestions called for salt, baking soda, nail polish remover, even toothpaste!
All I could imagine was the salt getting stuck in the holes - same with the toothpaste!

Then I came across a suggestion calling for a dryer sheet.
This sounded a little far fetched but a lot less messy than the others, so I gave it a try.

I couldn't believe it, it was actually working! 


The iron was hot so I wore one of those pot holder rubber gloves
and rubbed back and forth


all over my iron until it was all cleaned off.


I did go through several dryer sheets
and it did melt them together somewhat.
But look at that shine!

Yay? I cleaned it!  ?


I ironed a scrap of fabric first to be sure it 
didn't leave any residue behind.
My iron ironed perfectly ♥


On to my basket of linens, laces and curtains......


OH JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin