Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, February 18, 2017

GBBC 2017


What a storm we had blow thru yesterday, Friday. It lasted until early Saturday morning. Neighbors tree branches landed on our roof, but luckily no damage was done.

Counting the birds was basically nil on Friday with only a few brave cocky Scrub Jays doing a quick fly through, then taking off when they discovered how wet the seed was. Can't blame them. They were lucky there was even any seed left in the feeders. The wind was horrid - the electricity flickered all day Friday threatening to go out. The weather had said it was to be stormy until Monday or Tuesday - pretty disappointing for the Bird Count.

But when I got up this morning the sun was out and the wind had died down. I didn't recognize my yard with all the branches that had fallen and other things toppled over! I went out and picked up quickly, dumped out the wet seed and refilled the feeders.  There's a lot of nests being built right now so any extra food will help the birds energy wise to keep them healthy.

I came back in for a while so they could check things out, then went back out and sat to watch. A few came around I think the majority are still getting their bearings after yesterday! I did manage to snap a few pics. I'll be going out again later, hopefully the sun stays out and it warms up a bit!

The Eurasian Collared Doves are nesting in the Podocarpus behind the waterfall.

It's nice and dense and they love it.




They took turns coming out today. 

 

Almost caught a Scrub Jay leaving the platform feeder
 as I dropped my phone, 
yeh, I'm a klutz.
There's always tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin