Each July Flea Market Gardening members decide on a garden project that we've wanted to do for the longest time....
and DO it!
This year I final buckled down and did a project that has been waiting...oh...about 10 years. Yes, I'm ashamed to say that!
I purchased these 3 folding chairs from a thrift many years ago along with another that was a different style (that I forgot to take a pic of).
At the time the wood was in pretty good shape and the green leather was and still is in great shape.
I pictured them with the original green leather seat
and the wood frames painted white.
Well, years passed - and passed - and passed -
well, you get the idea.
We used them as they came.
Eventually Mother Nature got to them
and did her thing.
The wood definitely needed help.
It had dried out and started to peel.
I sanded and glued what I could.
I was over the white painted wood frame,
besides the wood wasn't in as good of shape as it originally was.
So what do I always end up going to?
Mod Podge, of course. I could use napkins to brighten them up. Being on a budget, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on napkins that would coordinate with the dark green leather seats.
I took a chance and stopped at Dollar Tree.
A light shined from above!
There they were, perfect as can be!
Different colors - check
Colors that would coordinate with the dark green leather seats - check
Writing - check
Gardeny - check
$1.00 a package - WOO HOO
What more could I ask for?
All the things I had swirling in my mind,
but didn't think I would find in one print.
Now to decide how many packages did I need?
Would the dinner or cocktail be better?
I ended up getting more than needed of each,
but better than running out!
I decided I didn't want matchy matchy,
so each chair got a different color:
mint, beige, pink, and blue.
Only the backs and back legs received the napkin print.
I had painted the whole chair so each color shows through the single napkin layer I separated and added to the chair.
It was really easy to do (my first time).
I put on the Mod Podge a section at a time,
then placed the image of the napkin I wanted to be in that spot.
If needed I tore off the extra.
All the torn pieces come in handy for small areas
that needed to be covered.
I even tore out some butterflies and placed them where I wanted on top of where there was already napkin ;)
When done I gave it a couple coats of
Mod Podge to make sure it had a good seal.
I love the way they turned out.
I can still fold them up with out scraping paint or napkin.
Speaking of pretty napkins,
anyone need some??
The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty Monday
Cupcakes and Crinoline ~ Projects Inspire(d)
Coastal Charm ~ Show and Share Party
Kathe with an E ~ Your Going to Love it Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style ~ Wow Us Wednesday's
Knick of Time Interiors ~ Vintage Inspiration Party Wednesday
A Delightsome Life ~ Home and Garden Thursday
Posed in Perfection ~ Creative Ways Link Party
French Country Cottage ~ Feathered Nest Friday
A Charm of Home ~ Home Sweet Home
Shabby Art Boutique ~ Shabbilicious Friday
Life with Lorelai ~ Home Matters
Reviews, Chews and How-To's ~Awesome Life Friday
Rooted in Thyme ~ Sweet and Simple Fridays
The Cottage Market ~ Junkin Joe
Crafts a la Mode ~ What To Do Weekends
The ROSEGARDEN in Malevik ~ Saturday Show Off
Pieced Pastimes ~ Saturday Sparks
Life on Lake Shore Drive ~ Party Time at Bouquet of Talent
Across the Blvd ~ Snickerdoodle Sunday