Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

OLD CANS


He used to go to all the public functions...especially the picture theatres.  
And he always carried a sugar bag to collect empty bottles and cans.

His name was... Albert (Tapper) Torney.

Everyone thought he was a bit eccentric and kids would tease and hassle him.

Then it was discovered that he sold the empty bottles but only some of the cans.

After he died in 1998 (aged 86) his large collection of model cars made from aluminum cans was discovered.
This goes to prove..."you shouldn't judge a book by its cover" - or a sculptor by his sugar bag.                          

                          Some of his collection ---- 
                        


10 comments:

  1. WoW! they are amazing what a clever man :-)

    Have a cantastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing, I will be sharing with my son, he will appreciate the use of the cans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog post. I definitely love this website.
    Keep it up!

    Also visit my webpage :: publicize

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Amazing skills and craftmanship. My son loves them =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow... such intricate work! Looks incredible :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are awesome, it's great that people do this, I always love recycling/up-cycling material. Very nice project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb, these cars are incredible. What an artist. I forwarded this on to my hubby and son. I know they will love seeing these amazing cars.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing!
    And the attention to detail- wow!
    I hope you will share your post with our Thursday Link Up Party- Idea box:

    http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/03/idea-box-thursday-link-party.html

    xx
    Mila
    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are correct - NEVER judge a book by it's cover. Thanks for linking up at Oh My Heartsie Girl WW! I really appreciate a good upcyle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing! Mr. Torney was an incredibly talented man. I am so glad you shared this post with Idea Box. My husband and I have had a great time viewing these works of art together! - Christy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin