Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Last Minute Gift Card/Cash Containers

 
As I stated in my last post I am way behind
this year regarding Christmas.
 
No time for shopping or creating gifts
I gave in to gift cards/cash and trinkets.
Hey, I can only do so much!
 
I didn't want to just stick them in a card, envelope, or gift wrapped box, I wanted the container to be pretty and unique, so that perhaps they could reuse them.
I had been saving tins, such as Altoids, Band Aids, etc. to someday do something with them.
 
That day had come!
They proved to be the right size for what I needed.
Sorry no before or during photos - no time!
 
Choosing a different theme for each one,
Jingle Bell Snowman,
Snowman,
Christmas Candy Cane,
and
Believe, 
I layered complimenting
papers, images, trinkets, trims, etc.
covering the tins completely.

 
Tinsel pipe cleaners added a touch of vintage charm and covered narrow areas around the lids.
So if you need a quick gift card or small gift container, these proved a quick breeze with your glue gun to make!
 



1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea! I am also behind this Christmas. I just moved and that was a project of its own. These are a great idea to dress up some simple gifts.
    Thanks for sharing at the Retro Re-pin Party. It's been pinned to our board. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin