Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Birdies Are Back!

What a sight for sore eyes!
This Spring I had very few birdie buddies in my backyard
For the life of me I couldn't figure out what difference there was from all the other Springs :?
BandT had given me this sweet dragonfly bird feeder
for Christmas and there is sat full, with no takers.
Then I realized I had Crows in my backyard!
They usually stay in the street and
front trees in the front of the house.
Why they had decided after 18 years to
venture to my backyard if beyond me.
Luckily Blue Jays showed up and chased them off.
Then the Mocking birds showed up and chased the Blue Jays away....after all they weren't going to let them get THEIR fruit!
Now the only problem is, instead of the Mocking birds singing their lovely mocking songs, they've picked up the Blue Jay song, er rather squawk. It reminds me of camping, but this year 2 pair have shown up and taken over the backyard.


Again my bird feeder sits without visitors.
I know once all the fruit is gone the Jays will move on.
I'm hoping my Finches and Sparrows return at that time. 
 
I enjoyed them for that short period they visited and hope they return soon.


1 comment:

  1. So glad you figured it out - birds are funny aren't they.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin