Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, June 3, 2013

Disturbance at the Heron Nest



  
Although it's tough to see all the details, the sounds clearly tell us that there was a a disturbance at the heron nest last night (5/30/13). At around 11:30pm the female starts getting restless and suddenly just before 11:45pm we hear the geese disturbed on the pond below, followed by the female heron screaming at some unseen threat. The male arrives and stays on the nest for about three hours. As soon as the situation calms down, the chicks beg and are fed. The male and female vocalize together before he leaves the nest at a little past 2:30am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin