Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, April 12, 2013

What To Do

I wrote this post yesterday, but didn't publish it.
It's now a day later and has been re-written in a calmer
 tone along with updates at the end.




I could just spit I am so angry!

Someone (Kathleen Reynolds) just stole the above photo from me. I use this photo for my profile photo on deviantArt!  How did I find out? Well you see I subscribe to Flea Market Gardening. I sat down to go thru my email and had just received a posting by them.  There was an article on  dragonflies for the garden, an article I, of course, would be very interested in. I clicked on the link and started reading. I get to the end and there is my photo of my hand with my Dragonfly!!  And it reads:

"Photo by Kathleen Reynolds' "

"Here is Kathleen Reynolds‘ brilliant photo of a real dragonfly to inspire you. I hope you try finding the pieces needed to make your own good luck charm."


GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!
 I've had blog posts stolen and placed in other online magazines, now my photo!
Geez, just ask for cry sakes!
I will most likely say yes,
JUST GIVE ME THE CREDIT!!


Yesterday was a very interesting day, to say the least.

I have a friend who introduced me to the book


Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace In His Presence-Devotions For Every Day Of The Year by Sarah Young. I have ordered it but it hasn't arrived yet. So she sends me the daily devotionals.
This was yesterdays.
Dear Deb,

This is the day that I have made. Rejoice and be glad in it. Begin the day with open hands of faith, ready to receive all that I am pouring into this brief portion of your life. Be careful not to complain about anything,even the weather, since I am the Author of your circumstances. The best way to handle unwanted situations is to thank Me for them. This act of faith frees you from resentment and frees Me to work My ways into the situation, so that good emerges from it.

To find Joy in this day, you must live within its boundaries. I knew what I was doing when I divided time into twenty-four-hour segments. I understand human frailty, and I know that you can bear the weight of only one day at a time. Do not worry about tomorrow or get stuck in the past. There is abundant Life in My Presence today.

Love, God

Psalm 118:24 Philippians 3:13-14

Thursdays are appointment days with my therapist. I thought how am I going to get thru my appointment without complaining..... which is all I seem to do in there.

I started out pretty good during my appointment. The whole way there I kept trying to think how I could spin my complaints into positives. Half way through I started complaining. ugh, I told her about the reading. She said but you need to come in here and vent otherwise we can't make progress, let it all out in there so I wouldn't complain the rest of the day. I did and had a wonderful rest of the day. On the way home my son took me to lunch then my daughter took me to get a manicure.....couldn't complain about any of that.

After arriving home, I opened my email and promptly fell off the wagon.

While enjoying reading a page I subscribe to, which had an article on how to make dragonfly decorations for the garden (right up my alley) I reached the bottom there was a photo I had taken with credit given to another person.


I flipped.

It is the photo above of my hand holding a big blue dragonfly in my garden. The photo is on my blog and is my profile photo for deviantArt. The lady who took credit for it had stolen it. I emailed the author of the article, commented on their Facebook page, my Facebook page and started an article on my blog. I fired with ALL guns. I take a lot of photos and not many turn out for me to be really proud of. I received an email back from the author apologizing saying she would correct the credit immediately and she has.

So, of course, now I feel guilty for blowing up. So my day of not complaining turned into an epic fail. But it's only up from here, right?

Another sweet friend has watermarked (something I couldn't figure out and need to learn to do) said photo. I know this will not stop everyone since there is usually away to eliminate it....crop the photo, erase the watermark, etc. But is should help some.

Now, I'm off not to complain ;)

3 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon Deb, It always bugs us when you see those kind of things after all we are human. We try to give credit to people and we also ask permission to use their pictures before we do, but unfortunately you sometimes have people who don't. I am taking some more Me time this afternoon catching up with some more of my friends. Our son has been home this week from Louisiana so I am spending some time with him. He goes back tomorrow.. We were at the orthopedic doctor this morning and he was not happy about hubby still unable to walk after the hip replacement. Going on 7 months in the nursing home. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had people do that before...I don't like it when people claim it as there own but I am surprised by how many actually ask...they make me happy and I always thank them for asking.

    I hope today was a better day of being thankful and not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all okay, you have a right to complain and then.......get over it!!! God did not say to be a doormat...hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin