Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Holiday Flavors


Starbucks Peppermint Mocha has to be my all time
fav holiday luxury.
But in these frugal times I don't splurge on it very often.
I decided to try my hand at creating a similar flavor.
I already have my arsenal of knock offs.
In case you missed them here they are.
So here is what I came up with. Now it isn't exactly the same but in a pinch, it suits me fine :)
Peppermint Mocha
3/4 cup powdered coffee creamer
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Mix well and store in an airtight container.
The amount you add to your cup of hot coffee depends on the size of your cup and how strong you like your flavoring. I normally use a larger 14 oz cup  and add 2-3 heaping teaspoonfuls, just to give you an idea.

6 comments:

  1. I would love one but bet it would kill my blood sugar. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, Oh this sounds so good. I will be trying this one for sure. I love the vanilla creamer and find the sugar free version at Walmart. Makes me feel a bit better amount the amount I indulge in. LOL!!
    Merry Christmas sweet friend.
    Hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOO!!! Sounds so good, can't wait to try it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love to make my own knock off coffees. i will try this recipe very soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin