Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, October 4, 2012






Just a quick fly by today! Getting ready to take T to the Dr's Office to get paperwork then onto the hospital for T's Pre-op. 

Since we found out he was having surgery so quickly, we figured we bettter do the "major attack" prior to his surgery.

Our front tree now has a single trunk! yippee!
For years the city owned it and we weren't allowed to even trim it.
The poor economy hit and all of a sudden the tree was ours.
They came around one last time for pruning prior to releasing ownership, but ahem, someone wouldn't let them prune it.
Forward to yesterday and look at the pile we have ready for city pick up!


Yeh, we can barely move and have blisters but it was sooo worth it!
Plus no pruning for a few years...oh yeh ;)

Not much left blooming...
we've had temps to 105, so even if the plant wasn't done blooming,
it's fried!
This little Rockin' Robin is trying tho.

The Lantana is enjoying the heat, but it is lucky enough to be near the hose.

Even the Geraniums are suffering.

But Looky what my Pomegranite gave us!!!
Yummy!!!

Wishing all a glorious weekend!


I'm joining:

Tootsie Time
Rose Vignettes


6 comments:

  1. Hard work always satisfies thought, doesn't it? Sooooooooooooooo jealous of the pomegranates - Tim and K particularly love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, One of the wonderful things about blogging is being in instant touch with other women on the other side of the country and realizing the difference in, among other things, the weather!! It's so hard to imagine the heat you have been experiencing. While it is warm here in New England for this time of year, today it poured, thundered and lightening, and we had quite a bit of flooding and fallen trees. I know heat can be npleasant, but I would love to be able to grow my own pomegranates!!! They are beautiful! Coming to you from Liz's party. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you feel good about getting the tree all cleaned up? That is a huge job! Your Pomegranates look amazing. I would love to plant one of those.
    Maybe this spring???? :) Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post at Fresh-Cut Friday! I really appreciate it!! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi- visitng from Fresh Cut Friday. That's quite a pile from the tree! That's too bad it's been so hot the it fries the plants. I've heard a lot of that this year. That's a nice healthy bunch of pomegranites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you grew those pomegranates? I am so impressed!

    Linking from Fresh Cut Friday,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your pomegranates. I can't remember what these taste like, or how you eat them. They don't grow in our area but Ido see them in the sotre. Good luck regarding the surgery. Sorry you all are having to go through that.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin