Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Buzy Bees

It's beginning to look like a jungle out there!

I've been in a dark place lately (as shown by my recent postings) and just haven't had any interest in anything lately. Not even my gardens... :(

Everything is way over grown which makes me even more depressed to see it that way. I'm struggling to crawl out of this dark place, so I forced myself to get out an take some photos. Please excuse all the weeds and overgrowth's of my gardens.


Nectarines
Boy do they need to be thinned or they're going to be tiny :/


Thompson Seedless Grapes


Cherry Tree


Cherry Plums


Pomegranate (center bush) is growing so fast this year and has become full of blooms since this photo was taken.


The Bees are hard at work in the Lavender.


Did you know that:

Bees collect 66 lbs of pollen per year, per hive?
We need to figure out how to bottle that energy!


Honey is used by bees for food all year round. There are many types, colors and flavors of honey, depending upon its nectar source. The bees make honey from the nectar they collect from flowering trees and plants. Honey is an easily digestible, pure food. Honey has antibacterial qualities. Eating local honey can fend off allergies.


Secreted from glands, beeswax is used by the honeybee to build honey comb. It is used by humans in drugs, cosmetics, artists' materials, and candles.


Honeybees are not aggressive by nature, and will not sting unless protecting their hive from an intruder or are unduly provoked.
When working in the garden, even if surrounded by Bees, and have never been stung.


Scented Geranium


The Podocarpus (tallest) behind the pond has grown amazingly.
One of my fav evergreen shrubs/trees.


Sedum loves crawling over the rock surrounding the pond.
I really like the look.

Most of the perennials in the front garden are well established now.
I love not having a water thirsty lawn.


Under the arbor in the front of the house.


Geranium and Candytuft



Pinks

The Fairy Walk in the back garden.


A morning stretch :)


Asleep on a bed of Baby Tears.

I'm joining:

Etsy Cottage Style

Fishtail Cottage

Tootsie Time

5 comments:

  1. Wow....I did not see any weeds to be pulled or overgrowth......that dark place has clouded your vision girl!!! When I start to be overcome with work and depressed about it....I take 15 minutes and tackle just one spot, then go inside take a break and something cool to drink, complement myself and about an hour later go and repeat the process......before you know it the job is done.....takes about 2 days, but hey, I'm not on the clock!!! hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever thought of having a hive of bees in your beautiful yard Deb? I am a beekeeper and the girls are so much fun to have around plus I am rewarded for all my flowers with honey!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of the biggest wide looks I've had of your yard - gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from fishtail cottage. Your yard looks so pretty, didn't really notice the weeds? I hope you find your way out of your dark place. I've been there myself, and find when I'm in my garden my soul finds peace. Love all the info on the bees, didn't know. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb
    I hope you see brighter days ahead and getting in your garden will help. Tackle the weeds one area at a time, don't let them overwhelm you. You have some sweet statues in your garden.
    Take care,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin