Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, December 2, 2011

Working on More Gifts...shhhh

Creating and finishing Christmas gifts,
 as well as doing the same for the Etsy Shop,
 has me running in circles lately.
Just when I think I've started (and maybe even finished some) projects,
more pop in my head...yes the race is on!

I'm pretty safe showing this one...
C never looks at my blog (here's hoping he doesn't start now)

He loves pocket watches.
My Dad always carried one so I think that's where he gets his fascination for them.
He has started quite a little collection.
He even received a gorgeous engraved one from his counselor
when he graduated from High School.


So what do you make a guy who loves pocket watches???
Need a few thinking caps for this one.

I had this new clock in my Treasure Pile.
 Yes, it was destined for a project but
that was so long ago I've forgotten what it was.
Does this happen to you too?

So I decided to make him a wall clock that resembles a huge pocket watch.

First I dissembled it.


I realized I needed something for the bail and winding knob.

I took apart one of my Dad's old pocket watches and
used the frame for the bail.
Then found a wooden bead that would work for the knob.
 

I found some gold spray paint in the garage and coated all the parts.
(byw, how do you like my painting booth?)

(my glitter station)

Hey, we are a high class operation here!
But I still can't figure out why it looks like the Glitter Fairy ran through my house? hmm

A little E6000, more gold paint for the black chain and fob
and here we have.....


a wall clock that resembles a pocket watch.
I just hung it on a wall for the photos,
 the chain-clock are not properly spaced,
but you can get the idea.

I added "Newton Clocks" to the face.


Hoping he likes it :)

The others will have to wait until after Christmas
since they come in here from time to time.

But I might be able to give a peek or two.... ;)




I still have more to make,
so off to get busy!

♥♥♥♥

9 comments:

  1. That is truly a wonderful thought. You have really did an excellent job on the remake. He will love and treasure this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super, duper cute!! Truly brilliant. Good work Mom... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that was a wonderful idea! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, you are just too smart! That was a great idea and it turned out beautifully. How did you put the your name on it. He really is going to love it.

    OX's...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy,
    re. the name on the clock...printed it out, used a pair of those fancy cutting scissors to cut it out and glued it on...blends pretty well. Looks like a brand tag. LOL
    xoxo
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! You did a great job on this redo! Oh, I may need to steal this idea! Thank you for joining TTF and have a great day! Oh, and I am going to feature it on this weeks TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!!! Great job. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! You creative thing, you! He will be thrilled!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did and it is a wonderful gift idea for your special guy. So clever. I am sure Christmas is a wonderful time with your lovely handmade gifts of love.
    Hugs. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin