Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Recipes from 1796

From our friends again over at Dover Publications come some,
what I thought, interesting reading.
Some of these old recipes are so intriguing to me.
When you get to the pudding one,
check out the spellings.
Didn't they have "s"'s back then?? or what?
What I think peculiar now I'm sure was the norm back then.
Get a warm cup of joe, sit back and enjoy.

Remember you can click on the image to make it larger ♥

















5 comments:

  1. My Dad is an avid chef and reader of cookbooks - so I've read these types of old cookbooks - fascinating things, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting - where did you find this? sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa , absolutley! Can you imagine if we had to cook like this? Yowie! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chatty,
    re, the cookbooks, I got them from Dover Publications. Theres a link at the beginning of the post where you can sign up to receive their free images.
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I featured you in my post today. I hope you will pop over. Just thought I'd stop by and tell you! hugs dear heart!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin