Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, December 18, 2011

My First Time" Sitting" on Santa's Lap!

We have wanted to go check out The Bass Pro Shop since it opened a few years ago.
We always hear people talk about how big it is, how well decorated it is and how cool it is this time of year with all the Christmas Decorations.

Now, to those of you who visit the Shop on a regular basis (like my Brother-in-law),
you can probably just skip this entire post. LOL

It's about 1 1/2 hour drive for us but let me say it was well worth it!

**Warning**
This post is picture laden and
 very long,
so grab a cuppa drink, go potty
and I'll meet you back here. ;)

Walking up to the Shop is almost overwhelming with it's massiveness.


The Deer in front are made out of all antlers..so cool!


There are ponds and falls everywhere.
And look at their night lights.
Each one has a different animal cut out on it.


The archway at the entrance is covered in Moose antlers.
Seeing those Moose antlers took me right back to Kodiak.


Once inside you begin to see just how humongous it really is,
and all the festive Christmas decorations. 


My eyes followed the Christmas Tree up and this is what I saw!
"Flying" geese!
and other animals up on ledges.
Was this a museum or a store?


More decorations and Deer up on rock ledges


With all the excitement M and I needed to go potty..
and am I glad we did!
It was amazing!

Old photos on the walls of women hunting, fishing
and doing all that outdoorsy stuff that we thought only men did in the olden days.





Yes these are the stall doors...aren't they cool??


Love this sconce


Even the door handle was special.


There is this huge tank that has Bass and other fish

and waterfalls pouring into it.


Looking down from above


Just about everywhere you looked there were
vignettes of animals in their "natural" habitat.







Can you tell we miss all these kinds of critters?
We'd see them all the time when we lived in Kodiak.


Did I mention it has a second floor?
From up here you can see the underwater mural painted on the walls.
Further down you can see Santa's Village!!



The kids played the cutest shooting game.



It was set up like a camp


with green lights all over


when the green light was hit
it would turn red
and an animal would pop up, or jump out.


C hit the outhouse,
the door opened to reveal a bear sitting reading a newspaper! LOL




they all had a blast


Look at this furniture!


Love it ♥


Dotted throughout the store were displays of Christmas Decor.


Upstairs looking down the arcade side into Santa's Village.


These lamps were throughout the shop.
Very dramatic.
Each had a different animal in the center
 

and the animals footprints around the outer circle


antlers surrounded the rim


More critters




When I first saw the man climbing,
I thought he was real and stuck! LOL



Just like fishing in Kodiak....
a bear waiting for you to catch a fish



Hey, the North Pole is here!


Not sure if you can see,
but there is a little Elf stuck in the upper window,
he's wiggling his legs.
Too cute!


The arcade games were free!









This hollow tree was in the kids clothing section.
M just couldn't resist


A General Store was even inside with the usual unusual items


There were some really interesting named condiments






My kind of dog!


Now that's a Milk can! It's huge!


Antiques displayed in the store




Gift items too


We all got our photo taken with Santa, they were free too!

T and Santa


C and I with Santa
C came with me since it was my very first time to "sit" on Santa's lap


M and Santa


We had such a fun time.
Most definitely a new Christmas Tradition.



4 comments:

  1. What a museum/store that is. My husband used to catch by bare hands salmon in Buskin Creek in Kodiak when he lived there. When were you there? He loved it up there, I refused to go. My brother lives in Kenai, 30 yrs of loving it there.

    Merry Christmas
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb this is one of my favorite stores isn't it awesome. I have been to one in Texas One in Oklahoma one is Missouri and the one at Shreveport. If you ever go to another state with one trust me go, they are all different, the same with the wonderful antiques etc. but different

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool place. Love the pic with Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot like a Cabelas - except maybe even more fantastic.

    It was fun to see the photos of you all with Santa.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin