Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside


I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside

I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry
My father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry
Well Maybe just a half a drink more - Put some music on while I pour

The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now
To break this spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell
I ought to say no, no, no, sir - Mind if I move a little closer
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out
Ahh, but it's cold outside

C'mon baby

I simply must go - Baby, it's cold outside
The answer is no - Ooh baby, it's cold outside
This welcome has been - I'm lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm -- Look out the window at that storm
My sister will be suspicious - Man, your lips look so delicious
My brother will be there at the door - Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious - Gosh your lips look delicious
Well maybe just a half a drink more - Never such a blizzard before

I've got to go home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your comb - It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand - Your eyes are like starlight now
But don't you see - How can you do this thing to me
There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Making my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that old out
Ahh, but it's cold outside
 
Baby it's cold outside

Brr its cold...
It's cold out there
Can't you stay awhile longer baby
Well... I really shouldn't... alright

Make it worth your while baby
Ahh, do that again...
 
"Baby, Its Cold Outside" is a pop song with
words and music by Frank Loesser.
Loesser wrote the duet in 1944
and premiered the song with his wife
at their Navarro Hotel housewarming party.
















7 comments:

  1. That's the cutest photo. Now I'm gonna picture your cute baby every time I hear that song. I love that song too. I don't think I've ever heard the original but I love the Barry Manilow with K.T. Oslin.

    Oh' I know you're a late night pinner too. I was at a new to me blog last night and commented right after you.

    Have a great day. OX's...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what's going on with my gfc. I'm all the time finding my name missing from blogs of people I've know forever like you. I just resigned to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're just too cute all cuddled up like that. My dog has been doing the same thing; he manages to cover himself up with a blanket I leave out for him. Almost sat on the little guy last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that is the cutest thing! It is cold outside! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this post. Loved coming by here tonight and catching up.
    Your baby is adorable and YES it is cold out side and I am so glad my trip was canceled to Iowa because I know its colder there. lol
    So happy you entered my new giveaway I wish you lots of luck.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin