Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Friday, November 25, 2011

It's a Frugal Time

This year has been all about frugality.
As you know I'm making most of my Christmas gifts,
when possible.

My Sister's Birthday came along.
I finally got to make this idea I have had for quite some time now

This was the inspiration photo for my idea.
I don't even remember where I saw/found this.


You see she has a thing for pulleys.
I had hoped to find a great wooden pulley,
as in the inspiration photo,
but no such luck.

I ended up buying a new one,
 which I had intended to "rust" in a rusting solution.
I put it out side until I got around to "rusting" it.

Jump forward 3 yrs....
(it never made it into the rusting solution)
nature did it for me.

So here is the nice rusty pulley with rope and wee "buckets''.


Again I didn't have any "buckets" like in the photo,
 so I used peat pots left over from Easter.
They seemed kind of flimsy
so I gave them a couple of coats of Mod Podge (homemade version).
Then with another coat and dredged them in my spice mix...
to give them a rusty/aged look.


I then filled the "buckets" with Sweet Annie sprigs (yes, from my garden),
old stained clothespins, moss rocks and some Cinnamon sticks. 
Brass wire was attached for the handles.


I also tucked in a tiny horse
She has a fondness for them too ;)


Between the Sweet Annie and the Cinnamon Sticks,
it smelled heavenly


This is a small Hostess Gift I put together for
 her and her husband for Thanksgiving.
 Homemade Jams, a votive, and Thanksgiving Tea Towel
along with a handmade hang tag.


All inside a pretty basket that when started was a navy with white drips!
Thank goodness for some Hammered Copper Spray Paint I found in my Treasure Pile!


I'm hoping she liked her Birthday gift and 
that she has had time to open it by now
 so that is was safe to show here! LOL

Love ya Sis

To Infinity and beyond!

♥♥♥♥

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job at those gifts!

    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast-forward three years - that makes me smile.

    Great work on the entire gift - very lovely. Don't you just love the hammered copper spray paint - it is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These gifts will be treasured all the more because they were made with love. And you have just helped me with something, too! I have a collection of our old farm pulleys, and had no good idea of what to do with them, and now you have given me inspiration to decorate with them. I have a really big one that would look great with a baskets of flowers suspended from each side, awesome idea, Deb!

    I bet your sister was tickled pink with her gift.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin