Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to My First Baby !!!!!!


35 years ago today I had my first of 4 babies.
Little did I know then how my life would change.
Change it did, for the better.
I don't know what I would do without my beautiful children.

Triumphs and tragedies..
we've been through them all.
And they see to be holding me up more with what I'm going through now.

But I regress.


Today is my baby's birthday!!
I am so proud of the man he has become.
Caring, loving, responsible, understanding...
all the qualities a mother could want her son to have.
But he has become my rock as of late..
when it should be the other way around.

Where did the time go?
(seems to be my motto lately)


From my little baby, to toddler, to school
and beyond into a man who now has a beautiful wife.

My wish for him is the moon and more.

BUT one thing I can give him (every year)
are his favorite cookies.

His birthday starts the "baking Season" in our home.
One of our traditions we won't be changing this year.

So without further ado...

Russian Tea Cakes


Made from my Mom's old recipe,
which you can find here 


I think he has a sixth sense when it comes to these cookies.
Yesterday he just happened to pop in for lunch, on the way to a call for his job,
just as I finished them.

No one even knew I had planned to make them yesterday...

hmmm

that's one smart intuitive kid!

We will be celebrating his birthday on Friday at his in-laws with homemade Sopas
and German Chocolate Cake.

I love it!

A blending of the two nationalities together.
Portuguese Sopas (our side is Portuguese)
and
German Chocolate cake (her side is German)

Happy Birthday Brandon!!!!

I love you with all my heart! ♥♥♥♥


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your first born son!!!!!! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what would we moms do without our children? And I know how many times I use those words, 'where did the time go?' too. I think it's amazing how he somehow knew you were making those cookies, too. My sons have that intuition, too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin