Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Dog


It's just dawned on me !





My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.


He has his food prepared for him. He can eat whenever he wants.
His meals are provided at no cost to him.
He visits the Dr. once a year for his checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise.

For this he pays nothing, and nothing is required of him.
He lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than he needs,
but he is not required to do any upkeep.


If he makes a mess, someone else cleans it up.
He has his choice of luxurious places to sleep.
He receives these accommodations absolutely free.
He is living like a King, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever.
All of his costs are picked up by others who go out and earn a living every day.

I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick ...


I think my dog is a member of Congress!

7 comments:

  1. I'm totally laughing at this because I was just noticing the same think about Mattie. She barely gets up to go to outside to do her business. But she does follow us from room to room as long as it's after her late sleep in. I never thought about Congress. Your so funny!

    OX's...T:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh! How very true except our dogs are our best friends and they love us unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am laughing!!! :D I think I want to come back as a dog in my next life! Hopefully my owners would be someone like you! You are too funny, but oh so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like he caught the cants meow except he caught a paper plate instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A well loved pet certainly does live the 'good life'!

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, I had such a good giggle over this post. It's so true! My two dogs are snoring right now after dining and having a good belly rub.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin