Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, August 22, 2011

Busy Weekend!

I was a busy bee over the weekend!

I know it's sooo hot, too hot for the oven, but I just couldn't help myself.
So I compromised and did it in the early mornings.

First I made 2 batches of Strawberry Fig Jam


Next came Fresh Fruit Crisp using up the rest of the Nectarines




Fresh Fruit Crisp

1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine
5 - 6 cups sliced fruit
2 tablespoons sugar
Vanilla Ice Cream

Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and dash salt. Cut in butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside. Core and slice fruit. Place fruit in a 10x6x2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar. Sprinkle crumb mixture over all. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes. Serve with ice cream. Serves 6.


And last but not least I needed to use up some of the Zucchini,
so 2 loaves of Zucchini Nut Bread was made.



Zucchini Nut Bread

1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup finely grated zucchini
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In a bowl stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and baking powder, set aside. In another bowl beat together sugar, zucchini and egg. Add oil and mix well. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Gently fold in chopped nuts. Turn batter into greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 - 60 minutes or until a a wooden toothpick insert in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on rack. Wrap and store loaf overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.

Of course with this crowd it wasn't long before the Crisp and Breads  were gone!

♥♥♥

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! You were a busy bee! I love Zucchini Bread, one of my favs! Your jams look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice having all those wonderful smells in the house when cooking, isn't it :) I've never heard of strawberry fig jam before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made zucchine bread in ages, yours makes me want to go out and buy all the ingredients. The fruit crisp wouldn't last 30 minutes around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks fabulous! Especially the crisp, wow, wish I had your baking and canning skills

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin