Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Fine Feathered Friends

Every morning I wake up to Mocking Birds singing.
I love it!

The other day I heard a strange gravely peeping.
I looked out the bedroom window and
saw Mama Mocking Bird feeding her baby...
on the chaise lounge in the Gazebo!

I was so excited!!
I grabbed my camera and quietly snuck out and
over behind a bush to take photos.


Mama was gone, of course, but baby was still there.
I don't know if it knew I was there or not
but it sure made itself down right comfy.
I waited for Mama to come back.


She never did and I was wondering where she had went.
Then I realized she and Papa were watching from the neighbors roof. LOL
Sorry the pics are that great..darn sun.


Then I heard a buzzz by my ear!
It was one of the Humming Birds that frequent the Honeysuckle.
It landed and perched on the Silk Tree.


He didn't stay long enough for me to get a better photo.


I'm hoping to have the time to just sit,
relax and enjoy the garden this week.
Hoping to see more action too

2 comments:

  1. you are like snow white with all the little birdies around you...lol
    I think it's funny that they were watching you...probably having a conversation about what you think your doing with that camera and that baby...who do you think you are? lol
    Have a great weekend friend...I am so glad to have had a minute to pop over and finally say hi...I am so looking forward to some slow days of just blogging and catching up with all my favorite bloggers!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to sit in the garden and enjoy the birds. We have hawks near us and have enjoyed watching the eggs hatch and babies getting bigger!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin