Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, March 14, 2011

CHALK GUY IS BACK! ENJOY!!

Hard to believe that these are drawn on a FLAT sidewalk surface.



Street Artist's......newest creations

Edgar Mueller Super Artist


Great Crevase Edgar Mueller. Hard work: Together with up to five assistants,
Mueller painted all day long from sunrise to sunset.

The picture appeared on the East Pier in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland,
As part of the town's Festival of World Cultures.




He spent five days, working 12 hours a day, to create the 250 square meter
image of the crevasse, which, viewed from the correct angle, appears to be 3D.
He then persuaded passers-by to complete the illusion by pretending the
gaping hole was real.
"I wanted to play with positives and negatives to encourage people to think twice about everything they see," he said. "It was a very scary scene, but when people saw it they had great fun playing on it and pretending to fall into the earth.
I like to think that later, when they returned home, they might reflect more on
what a frightening scenario it was and say, 'Wow, that was actually pretty scary.'"


Mueller, who has previously painted a giant waterfall in Canada, said he was

inspired by the British Pavement Picasso Julian Beever, whose dramatic but
more gentle 3D street images have been featured in the Daily Mail.

3 comments:

  1. His stuff is amazing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy has talent. Wow! I couldn't believe my eyes. I had to show my husband. We both agreed we would like to see this in person. Just remarkable!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy is Amazing!! His work is Stunning!
    Great Post~
    I can not get over the Depth perception ... Amazing~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin