Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I HATE ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm at war
with ANTS!
Which I hate!

I am positive that they live in our walls.
They pop up any and every where.


in the bathrooms...(yuk, they love toothpaste)
in the laundry...(just plain gross!!)
In the freezer...(yes I said freezer,
at least they killed themselves there)
in the living room...(on the couch, icky!)
in the kitchen...(in the microwave, yes it is clean!
Maybe they just wanted to warm up from the freezer?)

They make themselves right at home.

I have been chasing them back and forth
from one end of the house to the other.
Did I mention I hate ANTS!!

My Washing Machine overflowed...
You should have seen the
big black masses!


We all feel like they are always on us!


UGGG!
I have cleaned and cleaned.
I don't understand why they are so bad this year.
We've had a very mild Winter so far.

I have read that they don't like :

baby powder with talc
(try and find some without cornstarch.
I guess they've discovered the talc in baby powder is bad for babies.
It's a wonder how my kids made it)

Cinnamon

Cornflour
(can you tell me if corn meal and
 flour are them same thing?)

Mint
(I know this does not work for sure.
There is an ant farm in my Mint patch outside!)

This is a tried and true method,
but it doesn't work so good in the house.
I got the feeling they were playing games and laughing at me.
Now I'm all for not using pesticides.
But there comes a time when
they leave you with no other choice.


I decided to play back
 and kill them with love.
I sprayed a big X and O.
I sprayed a circle around the perimeter of each room.
And then an X from corner to corner.

I would love to bomb the house.
I've been putting it off for years because of our pets.
But come Summer when it's warm enough to put them all outside
I think that is what I will have to do.


By the way did I mention...

I hate

11 comments:

  1. Man this stinks in the nostrils of God!! My Mom battled them one year a long time ago...Nothing Like a FULL can of Raid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I have done the cornmeal thing before. That does work but it takes pretty big doses for them to take it all back to the nest and kill everyone. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow It sounds like you have troubles here. lol
    Sorry hope things get fixed soon.
    I just came by to wish you a Happy New Year and to see if you still have a Etsy shop.
    I am trying to make a page at the top of my site for my followers who have shops. Hope that it is okay to list yours
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a minute, I thought one had crawled from your blog to mine, pretty cool effect...Sorry for your troubles...Happy New Year, though! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUCK! I hate ants too ~ they are dirty and disgusting and very hard to get rid of. Good luck finding a solution!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel for you. I hate those little gnatty things. I don't know where they come from but for about 2 months we got bombarded. If your house is older it could be that you have asphalt siding under your existing siding. Our old house had it and the ants love that junk. Big ole carpenter ants. We pulled off the siding and they literally had tunnels like an ant farm all over the asphalt siding underneath the aluminum. Some one had told me if you left glasses of bleach around that would get rid of them, but not positive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Don't even know what to say to that!
    I know what you mean about exterminating with the pets.... , but if there are that many,, that may be your only answer. But i sure would be real curious about why & where they came from ....

    Anyway .... Happy New Year!! Hope your Ants Go Away Real Soon ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. When my mom had a never-ending ant problem, my husband finally found the colony in an outdoor planter...it was filled with them and they were coming and going throughout the entire house from this planter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Debbie,
    I wanted to thank you for your kind prayers during my time of need! It meant so much to me to know that you were thinking of me! The world needs more loving, thoughtful people like you! If there is ever anything I can ever do for you --don't hesitate to call!

    Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding! I know you are very excited!

    Also, I battled the ants this past summer and fall--AGAIN!!! I used bug spray from--believe it or not--Walmart--very strong stuff and baby powder and they disappeared! BUT--those sneaky, little tyrants will be back in March--I GURANTEE!! They build nests in the mulch that we use for our flower beds and come in through the siding/brick and invade-not the kitchen--but our bedroom, den, and then the kitchen! Almost Overnight!! It's a no-win situation because we have red clay for soil and so in order to have pretty flower beds we have to put down mulch!

    Several years ago, we had an exterminator spray once a month for a year and then for 1 year I was ant-free! Then the next year, they came back with a vengeance and with 4 little ones in the house--I just can't have him come back and keep spraying! It's not healthy to prolong that kind of treatment in the home with crawling babies and toddlers!!

    So--what to do! LOL--this spring--I'm thinking of buying an Aard-vark and turning him loose!! Will let you know how it turns out!!I'm sure they have an extra one at the zoo I could borrow! It worked for Fred Flintstone!!

    Big Hugs, Kym

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Deb. I can understand you concern about heavy duty pesticides, but there comes a time when you just gotta say: Enough, already, bugs. I'm through being NICE!

    As for treatments, here are a couple things I've noticed during battles with ants.

    First, spraying the ants with Lysol will kill them about as quickly as Raid or comparable bug sprays. No idea what, if any, residual effect Lysol offers. (likely none)

    Second, you can put petroleum jelly (Vaseline or generic equivalent) to keep ants out of someplace. I've used that to keep ants out of outside food and water bowls. The problem is that you are always dealing with the jelly, and sometimes that is more of a mess than the ants. You probably can't enclose the freezer that way, but you might be able to use it to keep the microwave safe.

    To really get rid of the ants, you need a bait they can take back to the mound. Killing the worker ants in the kitchen is fighting a losing battle -- you need to get to the queen(s) to really get rid of the beasts.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh' girl, I know what a battle you are facing. We have really had a time with them the last few summers. The big ole' red fire ants and wood ants are outside and on the porch but the little black as my sister calls them (piss ants) have been coming in my kitchen in the summer. Lots of raid and windex. The bug man told my sister that it's really important to cover up the trail scent that they leave behind and the only way to do it is windex. It seemed to help but they always found a new path.
    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin