Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Fertilizer Friday ~

This was originally written a few weeks ago,
 pre-life upside down....

It's tootsietime!!


Well, we've finally been dumped on....


no, not lucky enough for snow...


I mean leaves


leaves from my neighbors Weeping Willow...


and from our 'no body knows what it is' tree.
Really, no one knows what it is.
The developer was suppose to put in Modesto Ash,
but our Court got ??
City workers have looked and they haven't a clue  


But I digress...


There are walkways in there...somewhere


One good thing came out of all the hustle and
bustle from this time of year
other than the obvious...

I didn't get around to keeping the weeds in check.
And look what developed,

Sweet Annie!


A huge Sweet Annie!
Now this is on the opposite side of the garden from
where I planted seeds 2 years ago,
and completely in the wrong place,
but just look at it!


It's a hearty one ☺
From what I understand you harvest just after the blooms open.
I just hope it lasts through Winter long enough for that to happen.


One amazing thing about it being so close to the sidewalk is that when you
brush by it you get that wonderful aroma!

So anxious to ''get to harvest'' it and use it in some of my projects.
I don't think I'll have to buy any this year♥♥

XOXOXOXOXO

Thank you to RustyThimble for including my


Powder Shaker in her latest Etsy Treasury,
Give a Gift of Handmade Love

10 comments:

  1. Ok, I am a dork and never heard of Sweet Annie. What do you do with it? I would of thought it was a week and plucked that sucker out. I might have a lot of it and just have been doing that very thing. You never know with me. Want some of my snow? We just got a light dusting this morning so the yucky brown stuff is looking fresh right now. I so need some spring right now. I have thought about doing some indoor plants, just haven't gotten off my lazy buttocks to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that's some leaves you have falling around you....never heard of Sweet Annie....hmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leaves look pretty - but I am sure they are very messy. What is Sweet Annie? I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you start in cleaning up those leaves? They are so small compared to what I have. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb, I don't know what kind of leaves you have, but you sure do have a lot. I think I would sooner clean up my pin oak leaves. Would you like a little snow.I would be happy just to send it anywhere. We have had 27 inches so far in three storms with another one coming this Monday. I hope the weather man is definitely wrong. It is good to see you back. Have a great day. Hugs Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shares for Fertilize Friday. I'm loving your kitty on the side bar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb
    Have not chatted with you for a long time. I I suspect ants sometimes move seeds from one place to another (they do here) and we get a surprise sweet annie like you did!
    What a lot of leaves to contend with, but much better than shovelling snow like us.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the green and what a smell!! I can almost smell it from here!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! That looks like our neighborhood a few weeks ago, about the same time part of our fence blew down. I'm sticking to palm trees in the backyard, but then the neighbor's trees end up all over our yard. Are you smothered in fog also?
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. funny that a tree no one can identify is thriving so well!! hahaha...that's cool!
    You sure do have a lot of leaves..but I suppose it is better then having a bunch of snow! lol a bit warmer to deal with!
    thanks for linking in today...I enjoyed this a lot! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin