Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fertilizer Friday ~ 12/10/10

I'm joining Tootsie over at Tootsie Time
for Fertilizer Friday


We've been having rain and fog....


but nothing could deter my Meyer Lemon from ripening it's very first fruit!


One of the baby Roses still holding on.
leaves are changing colors tho


I think the roof of the deck must be helping
 this Impatiens stave off Jack Frost!


I'm sure most of you know, but some may not,
you can get free used coffee grounds from Starbucks
for you garden


I just side dress where I plan to put my Tomatoes next year
and let the rain "percolate" (sorry couldn't help it!)
it down into the soil. Come Spring I'll work it into the soil.
Great for any acid loving plants!


Not hop on over and see everyone else's gardens!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, What a treasure to have your Meyer lemon produce. And how nice that you still have plants growing the in the garden. I agree that coffee grounds in the garden are a great soil amendment. In June I wrote a post about grounds in the garden. If you would like to view it, it is here: http://beyondthegardengate-beth.blogspot.com/2010/06/coffee-in-garden.html.
    Have a great day!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. percolating is a good thing ..lol Meyers lemons for Christmas cooking is fabulous .. I know you will enjoy it..
    Happy Friday! hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. My in-laws have a fabulous lemon tree but all we have is snow. ;)

    You are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Lemon, My roses held on till Nov. , now we're in the Frozen Tundra.... the ground has been frozen like a rock for almost a week :( And you'de be amazed at how long Impatients hold on :) At least you still have a few pretty flowers to look at :)

    And Yes , You are a very Busy Lady these days ... lol
    Love your Snowman collection. I like doing Snowmen (and winter decor in general) because they can stay out longer than x-mas decorations.
    Your Little Christmas tree is Adorable :)

    Enjoy your Weekend ~
    Hugs to You,
    Angel ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that about the coffee grounds...great tip. As for the rest, my snow covered landscape makes me long for a view more like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip about the coffee from Starbucks.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at the pretty colors you still have!!! Shall I send you some of my white stuff? How about all of it! ;)

    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, to have a lemon tree produce fruit! How neat. Thank you for the tip about coffee grounds, too, I have some plants that would definitely benefit. So nice to see something green growing; we're buried in snow now.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin