Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Few Great Finds...

Be sure to visit each of these ladies to see lots of great Treasure!
Coastal Charm


A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words


Coloradolady

After receiving an email from the Estate Sale List I'm on,
I was really excited to check this one out!
Just look at all that Treasure!

I had never been to a sale organized and I use that term loosely,
by this company. From the photos they looked like any other organized
sale....boy, was I wrong.

What should have taken us about 45 mins. took us 2 hrs.
I've never had so much trouble finding a place before.
My Garmin gave us wrong directions
(I need to break down and buy updated maps!)
The Directions I printed out from Google were wrong,
a different wrong from the Garmin.
Just when we were about to give up,
 we got enough of a cell signal to get directions from the phones GPS.

They had no signs except for the one in front of the house!
Now this was way in the boonies, mind you,
no gas stations to ask directions from.
 Anyway, we made it.

Lots and lots of Treasure,
but the few items that actually had prices on them seemed high.
There was only 1 lady working it and she was at the checkout,
so in order to find out the price of something you had to take it to her and wait your turn.

I wasn't in too good of a mood from hunting for this place so didn't feel like lugging things back and forth to her.

It was a huge beautiful home though, with 4 acres of Almonds.
Hardwood floors throughout.
Large living room, family room, front room, dining room,
and I do mean large!
The kitchen was pretty good size too,
with large pantry and laundry room.
I was too busy looking through all the goodies I forgot to pay attention to how many bedrooms it had :~
Also a large cement patio and garden. 
It had a shop about 3 times the size of a double car garage.
A guest room, which had a fireplace, was attached to the shop.
There was also another room attached to the guest room.
The price tag of the home is $389,000.

OK enough dreaming about the home!

These are the few things I left with.



A round wood frame,
 2 more nests with birds (why oh why can't I pass these up!!??),
2 vintage Japan Bird Clip-on ornaments.
One bird is in good condition the is not.


And an embroidered Souvenir Hankie from Alaska
Total $6.

We hit a Country Yard Sale on the way home and found
a sweet Lambie, planter and a couple topiary in need of some help.


And the pis de resistance...

this sweet chandelier!
My first ever Chandelier find :)


I'm pretty sure it's some type of iron, either cast or wrought
and very dirty.


At first I thought I'd sell it, but....


I've taken a shine to it, even with it's lilac color.
So it will be staying.
A good winter project to rewire and
add a chain for the Gazebo next Summer.


23 comments:

  1. The chandelier is so Shabby and French. The color is on the money, too. I'd keep it :) Enjoy your finds! ttfn, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love estate sales and you found a good one for sure. I love your treasures and the chandelier is over the top beautiful. I would have trouble letting it go too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is frustrating to take so much time hunting down a sale only to have to work so hard at finding out prices and deciphering the treasures from the clutter. At least you did find some true treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your finds! The chandelier is gorgeous. What luck! That will be a fun restoration project for you. Thanks for sharing.

    Vicki at Rusty Rooster Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love estate sales, too, but that one sounded annoying - all that waiting! Your chandelier is wuenderbar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the chandelier, I'd keep it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that chandy! Thank you for linking to 2nd Time Around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Estate sales scare me but that is probably a good thing - keep me away from more places to buy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor you. I always get crabby when I can't find my destination. At least you found a few treasures. My new motto is "never pass up a bird". What a pleasant surprise your chandelier was.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your finds is so lovely, enjoy:))
    Thanks for stopping by, hugs Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You for sharing your beautiful finds. Yhanks for stopping by and have a good week.....Julian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am lovin your chandy. I t will be so cute outside...or inside....or at MY house..:))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deb! Great finds! Love that chandelier! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb,
    Our GPS gave Mr.CC fits today...sometimes those babies are a real pain. Love that round frame and the cute hankie!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI there! I'm your newest follower!! I found you on the Tuesday Linky!!! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    I love the chandelier

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome chandy! I have yet to find one when I'm out. I have the same problem with estate sales. Most of the ones I go to don't price things. I hate having to ask how much something it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do not blame you for not wanting to sell that chandy, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great finds, and I just love that chandelier.!! I know what you mean, sometimes I am just not in the mood to hunt them down and then when things are not priced, that pushes me over the edge!! I think you found some great things!! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, you made out! I was just thinking about your lavender chandy matching the beautiful background on your blog. BTW - did I tell you how adorable you are in that picture of little you on the sidebar. Awwwww.

    Be Blessed....Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite is the embroidered Alaska hankie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Even with all your frustration, you still came out a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great finds! I love yards sales! Lovely blog and shop! DE

    ReplyDelete
  23. How frustrating, this is why I still consult my good old Hagstrom's whenever I can! I love that chandelier. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin