Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Sea of Tears.......


It's time to Flaunt Your Flowers over at  Tootsie Time for Fertilizer Friday!
Be sure to stop over and see everyone's Blooms :)

My Iris' are in bloom. I bought a box of rhizomes at a church sale last year. I didn't know what colors they would turn out to be...let's just say I'm pleased!
Such a variety.











These were from my Mom's garden...



My Cecil Brunner is also in full bloom.
These climbers don't have as strong a fragrance as Mom's bush type.
Kinda disappointing. But they look pretty.


The garden is loving this weather we are having.
A few sunny days of 70's then a few rainy days of 60's.
I have to say I am too ;)

But the Baby Tears the MOST!
It seems to be engulfing everything in it's path! LOL

Froggie in a sea of Baby Tears..

Fairy knee deep....

this little Angel is almost down for the count!
There are two others in there some where...

As soon as the hotter weather hits,
the Baby Tears will retreat
to only the shaded areas of the garden. :(

Last weekend I hit a yard sale and picked up a couple of plants.

A really pretty pink Columbine and another one I didn't recognize.
It had such pretty blue flowers I had to pick it up.
I've discovered it closes it's blooms at night.

There was a bit of communication problem
so I wasn't able to ask the seller it's name.

But I think Carla from A Mellow Life  has correctly ID'd
it as Blue Eyed Grass. Thanks Carla!   

 I know this post has been pretty long and
probably has way to many pictures in it
but
I have one last photo for you....

my blooming chair :)
Honeysuckle engulfs the base as
Petunia and Verbenna
take over the seat.
Love the scent of Honeysuckle. 
 


Ok, now get out in your gardens and enjoy Springtime!

18 comments:

  1. your garden is just gorgeous...I love baby tears!!!!
    I had a big spot of it, but my dog thought it was soooo comfy and squished it all...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! Oh my heart is going pitter patter over that garden! Those climbers would be perfect for me because although I love the way roses look... I don't like the way they smell!!. Deb, I have blog design business and would to make you a custom background for your cute blog. It would match your theme and everything. Let me know if you are interested!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage
    Valentine Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your wonderful garden! Everything is flourishing already. So refreshing since we still have dead grass and plants everywhere just Beginning to peek out inviting spring. I love the way your plants surround your garden features like your chair, angels, rake...wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont you just love this time of the year, when everything old is new again? Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment about my hoosier, I enjoyed having you! Come visit again sometime. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never show too many lovely flowers. I loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, I am glad your post was long. I enjoyed it all so much. My iris plants are just starting to bloom. They are a dark purple. Yours are so pretty. I want to plant climbing roses on my arbor. Is this one a hardy type? Your bloomin chair is stunning. thank you for all the time it took to post your beautiful garden.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my friend, Your flowers are so pretty and I love your new blog look. Isn't Karen amazing what she does. I love my new look. We have had rain all day and it is suppose to rain again tomorrow with the possibilites of severe weather. I hope they are wrong. Enjoy your weekend. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so wonderful. The Baby Tears are overwhelming! I don't know them, but I think it's lovely that they'll retreat in the warmer weather so other things can be showcased. And the new plants are really pretty too; I love Columbine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, Your garden is just beautiful. I love your chair, how sweet is that? I am an Iris fan, I just ordered some new colors from a farm tha grows them for sale a few miles from where I live. I really love the re-bloomers! Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog, I'm not much of a blogger lately but just can't help myself when it comes to Fertilizer Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is lovely!! I love your iris collection. I'm especially drawn to roses, as you would expect. It's very exciting here, as rose season is just now starting. Hooray, it's spring!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THAT CHAIR!! bursting with so many flowers!! Your Irises are sooo pretty , i have found that some of them do have a scent, a little lemon like:) Have a Fun weekend!!Blessings ~ Angel

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really hit the jackpot with those irises! They are beautiful! I bet it was fun watching them open to discover what you had bought.

    Your garden is incredibly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved visiting your beautiful garden. Your Cecile Bruner is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Iris are amazing - everyon eis is my favorite! SO great that you ahve some of your mom's flowers. Thanks for sharing Paula in Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  15. With a climber that good...who cares how it smells! LOL! It is gorgeous!!! my climber on my arbor is just now starting to fill out! I can't wait til it looks like that!!! Beautiful place you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No you are not totally crazy, you are a an earth lover and a gardener. Love your garden.It is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful garden views here and in your previous posts too. Your irises and lilacs are simply magnificent! Thanks so much for sharing ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW WOW WOW!!! I love the Iris's..and that archway...is just to die for! I dream of one like that some day...I need to find something hardy for this zone first...and then there is the patience it takes for things to grow...which I am very short on...haha
    thanks for linking in this week. I am sorry it took so long to get over here and see...I just can't seem to get to the end of the busy around here these days! I do hope you will link in again...I have enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin