Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, February 18, 2010

We're at The End, Let's Hit the Bar!

We have reached the end
of our visit to The Merced Ag Museum,
The Bar!


Remember these?


A few familiar faces ;)


Lots of old signs...


and everything else!
The "tin roof" boasts a variety of hats,
and there's Charlie, behind the bar!


A charcoal drawing of Frank Sinatra..


Charlie tells us about the old gas pump


Just about every inch is covered with something special
that evokes memories.


Tables to sit at too!


Another Paul Bunyan coffee pot..
not sure if guns are a good thing to have in a bar?
LOL


They have get togethers here,
different groups meet also.


ohh, look at that lamp!


way, cool!


Love the lines!


no comment....


Photo of Charlie and family.

Cool Westinghouse Refrigerator!


What a display of vintage Buttons.


And that my friends, concludes the

It was such a fun experience,
we saw more than we ever imagined.
I know this have been a long tour,
but all my photos just touch the tip of the iceberg
of what there is to see.

I think more than one visit is needed
to actually "see" everything.

This is definately worth checking out
if ever in the area. 
Thanks for comming along! ☺ 

6 comments:

  1. Love the old cooler. I still remember the vending machines for glass pop bottles. They had the door that opened and you grabbed the bottle you wanted. It looks like a very interesting place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone who has an old coke machine that took the glass bottles. He puts his beer in it and makes his kids pay a quarter for a beer. he got tired of them drinking all of it for nothing. The old gas pump brings back a lot of memories. Hubby worked for a petroleum distributor when we got married and spend over 30 years in the business until he got sick. It just looks like a unique place to visit. Thanks for sharing, Your Missouri Friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tour!!! I love museums and that looks like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tripping into these little treasure troves. My Aunt used to own a wonderful "little" house - bar - post office - general store combo. She sold penny candies and had a large pickle crock so the little kids could point to which one they wanted her to retrieve for them. Thanks for rekindling some great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb,

    Thanks so much for coming over and entering my giveaway and leaving your wonderful comment. I am just blown away by everyone's heartfelt responses! Its a wonderful thing to be able to share our passions and our sorrows with so many
    like minded women. I feel like I have friends all over the world and I am happy to count you among them. Have a wonderful week!!

    xoxo,
    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the old Coke coolers - that would be such a neat piece to have.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin