Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Say Cheese!

Head over to Tootsie Time to see everyone's flowers!


If you love cheese...and lets face, who doesn't?...be sure to visit
Hilmar Cheese Factory if you're ever in the vicinity.



It was one of our yummiest stops.
It is the world's largest single-site cheese and whey products manufacturing facility. The have the prettiest visitor center, inside and out.
It was still decorated for the holiday's when we visited.


There is a self guided tour of the factory with windows so you can see it in action along with lots of interesting factoids and hands on attractions.
And while there you must visit Daisy!


The grounds are just gorgeous.
They include waterfalls,
small...


and large....


that you can walk under...


bridges too!



Lovely gardens...




and interesting figures.


My daughter, friend and me.


I'm linking up with Tootsie Time for Fertilizer Friday.

16 comments:

  1. All that and cheese too? Sweet! I like that chandelier - how quirky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun...I love to visit places such as this...we in WI have the best cheeses also...Colby being a favored one...the little town of Colby that the cheese was first made and named after, being just down the road from me...I love the waterfall that you could walk under, mysterious things happen there, I'm sure. Thanks for visiting me. Come again.
    A fun post
    Blessings Be Yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cheese. Right now my favorite is gorgonzola cheese. I cram that stuff into everything that I can! My husband used to dislike parmesan cheese til I turned him onto real parm. what a great place to visit! Love the landscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Vintage Valentine Blog Party. I have added you to my sidebar link list. I see you already have you button up! Thanks for joining us for the party. xo Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks like quite a place. I love cheese, but I'm not all that adventurous with really funky cheeses. Give me a good havarti or cheddar and I'm a happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful place to visit! I love cheeses of all kinds...makes me hungry! Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW! What a place to visit. It's beautiful. And ya get cheese too. What more could one want? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that would be a nice way to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a fun visit. Loving the waterfalls for certain. Beauty like that would draw people in to buy some wonderful cheeses too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome place to visit...thanks for taking me on the tour...I had a blast! Hpe you have a FUN weekend!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pansies in the display -- reminds me of springtime here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos with us so we could enjoy the visit vicariously.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the waterfall pics!!! I wish I had the room and climate for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummmmm cheese!! Now if I just had the wine to go with it!!! even more yummy :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Flowers & cheese.....2 of my favorites. :) Great pictures!

    Have a beautiful day! J

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin