Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Monday, Monday....

Today I'm linking up with:
Joan for Vintage Christmas Monday
Susan for Metamorphosis Monday
Cindy for Make It For Monday
 Mary for Mosaic Monday
Susan for Deck The Halls

Vintage Christmas Monday with Joan over at Anything Goes Here
Deck the Halls with Susan over at Thoughts From Over the Rainbow

My Mother in Law made this gorgeous Jewelry Christmas Tree for us when we were first married....some 35 years ago. Actually it was a combined effort between her and my Father in Law. He making the frame and base and she using vintage baubles to make the lovely tree.
The black velvet back ground has makes the jewelry pop.
We have put it up each year and though it may be on it's umpteenth set of lights it has aged gracefuly.   



This Gurley Santa Candle belonged to my Mom.
 I remember placing him on top of the TV each year while growing up.
Four white plastic Reindeer went in front of him.
He has seen better days but I still love him ;~)
The Shiny Brites in the glass vase behind him also belonged to her as did the tiny ornament garland draped along my mantel shelf. 



~*~*~*~*~*~

Met Monday with Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch
Make it for Monday with Cindy over at Cottage Instincts

Remember this great leaded window I scored?
She has finally made it onto the wall in the kitchen.
The kitchen makeover mentioned here and here
has stalled with the Holidays, but it's just about done anyway. 
The finsihing touches will take place in January.
Anyhoo, the window is hung and decorated for the Holidays too!
I purchased this great sign from Donna over at Daizy Donnas .
When I saw it I had to have it! It's so cute.
She has the sweetest signs, pop over and check them out.

I placed it inside the window.

 

I added an old cranberry wreath to the corner


''Jack Frost's
Snowflake Cafe`
Stop in and take the chill off''


I love the way is transports you to outside the shop looking in!
I imagine myself standing on the sidewalk, snow falling
and needing a bit of warmth.
I think this just might be a piece of Holiday that will be around all year!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Mosaic Monday with Mary over Little Red House

This week I chose to make a mosaic with some of my Holiday Decorations

 

Keep warm everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I love that window! And it looks really cute with the sign hung inside of it.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaded window is a real scene-stealer! Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique gift your in-laws made for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What as treasure and a lovely gift!

    I also love the blue outdoor lights, they stands out!

    Ebie's Mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such a delight!

    So fun seeing how everyone does things just a wee bit differnt.

    May you and your family enjoy this blessed time of the year! Merry Christmas!

    TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you Christmas decor, the window is cool and the handmade jewlery tree is neat. Wonderful mosaic and photos. Have a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb-You are right. I feel as if I am standing on a sidewalk many years ago. Love it! What a treasured gift from your in laws. I think the most special Christmas decorations are the ones made by hand with love! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful post...I haven't seen a Jewelry tree for years...I remember them from when I was little....that's so cool that you still display it...it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What delightfully FESTIVE holiday things ... lovely mosaic and beautiful post ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,
    My Mosaic Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the early 1970s everyone was seeking jewelry to make the Christmas jewelry trees on black velvet. I had not seen one in a bazillion years, but yours is gorgeous.

    Merry Christmas, TTFN ~Marydon
    **NEW BLOG**
    blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh what a beautiful and creative tree! love the window too. thanks so much for sharing at MM, and have a wonderful holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bejeweled velvet treat is so awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightfully wonderful gift! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely things over here :) I love seeing everyone's holiday decor especially when it holds meaning from Christmases past.

    Also love that window with the sign! Great touch :)

    Thanks for linking to Mi4M~
    cindy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin