Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nativity Wreath & Vintage Ornaments


I'm joining:

Susan for Met Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch
Cindy for Make it for Monday over at Cottage Instincts
Joan for Vintage Christmas Monday over at 
The Potting Shed - Anything Goes Here
Roeshel for the DIY Showoff Holiday Highlights
Cheri at It's So Very Cheri for It's So Very Creative Monday


I had some old Christmas Cards in my stash and was thinking of what
I could do with them.
I needed something quick, easy and needed to use what I had.

**Lightbulb**

How about a wreath?

This is what I did
Found some cardboard
Used a dinner plate to draw the wreath base
and a cup for the center circle.


Cut it out


I found some gold spray paint left from another project 
painted it front and back.


I decided to make it a Nativity Wreath
I went thru the cards and pulled out all the religious themed ones
Cut out the images
arranged them..many, many times!
and when I found all the right places for each I hot glued them down.



Found some coordinating wired ribbon in my ribbon tote
Hot glued it on



What do you think??

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This is my first time joining
Joan over at The Potting Shed ~ Anything Goes Here
for Vintage Christmas Monday.

Be sure to pop over and see everyone's
vintage Christmas goodies.

One of my favorites is this crocheted Bell.
I remember my Grandmother making it when I was little.
She fussed with it while starching to make it stiff.
It has a little bell inside.


This is another one she made.

We discovered while cleaning out the house,
I don't remember it.
This one is a much tighter stitch.
It's smaller and really soft, it too has a little bell inside.

I have more for next Monday!

12 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! Fantastic. I think it would be fun to do with the new cards we receive as well!! THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat-o idea!

    Love it for cards and pics!

    Stop by!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea...love how it turned out...thanks for sharing it! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nativity wreath is such a great idea...I might even try it! I, too, have some crochet ornaments very similar to yours.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a wonderful idea. What a great way to use those wonderful vintage cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning, Deb! Oh, you're just the smartest one! Your Nativity card wreath is so lovely! The ribbon is really pretty you added to it! I love this and what a great idea. I maya have to try this.
    Your vintage crocheted bell from your grandmother is so lovely. Hang on to these treasures.
    Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card wreath is wonderful and I love the little bells your grandma made... so very precious... Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was looking for something to do with cards! Thank you. How precious that you still have ornaments your grandmother made when you were a child.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I might try this myself,love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely wreath you made. I am finally getting around to more VCM posts! Thanks for being a part of the party! Joan, your hostess

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea. I think the ribbon just makes the whole thing look amazing.
    How clever are you!
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin