Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fertilizer Friday! 12/18/09

It's time once again for Fertilizer Friday over at Tootsie Time
where we show off our horticultural talents.
I gathered up the courage to venture out
to the backyard to see what I could see.
Not expecting to find much since our Cold Winter Chills have arrived,
I did, however, find one common theme.

No not frost bitten plants!

I discovered several colorful orbs
jumping up and saying over here, over here!

As I approached I noticed one of my larger Roses
had several rather large burnt (no pun intended) orange Rose Hips.
Boy, are they plump!


I turned around to then find a couple lonely Cherry Tomatoes
left on a rather limp vine.
One is trying so very hard to fully rippen!

Then further over I noticed the two Oranges we have are just about ripe themselves!
Orange they looking proud?
;~)

Near the Orange is a "wild rose".
Such sweet small cherry red Hips it has.

Just as I turned to head back into the warm house,
I spied the Heavenly Bamboo.
Looks like perhaps the birds have enjoyed some of it's berries!


So there you have it. Not any blooms per se,
but nonetheless, color in the Winter Garden.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely color for the cooler weather though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is still looking pretty!! mine is starting to look a little sad, but who has time to prune?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great theme you have to your post today!!! all the spheres! I love how they are all so colorful...thanks for posting with me today...I always enjoy my visits to your blog...
    Merry Christmas to you if I don't get time to get back around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bamboo is beautiful with its red berries. Happy Holidays!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heisann!
    I must say hello to my friend the "hawker". Like these insects so must that I chose it for my icon!
    Please enjoy my Blooming Friday!
    Your garden is still nice in the late December!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how you never know what you might find when you go seeking pictures for a post.
    Good thing it was your yard I am pretty sure the only color outside right now is the red,blue and green Christmas lights that need to be turned on for tonight. lol
    Come see me I have a giveaway going on
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. At this time of the year, your garden still looks pretty and colourful. The reds will liven up the atmosphere. Deb, I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin