Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fertilizer Friday! 11/06/09


It's Fertilizer Friday! Where does the week go?
Please join our hostess Tootsie @ Tootsie Time and see everyone's blooms!

This time of the year, holiday time, brings back lots of memories.
Not just of the holidays themselves but of other times with family.
I'm sharing a couple of my Mom's plants this week.
Mom passed a few years ago and I still miss her terribly.
She was a tremendous gardener.
She could stick anything in the ground and it would grow.
She had fantastic gardens.
Two plants come to mind when I think of them.
In the back of the house was a huge Bird of Paradise.

 

When she was alive she kept it trimmed and maintained.
It had the most gorgeous unusual blooms.

 

I am so glad I took these pictures.
The current tenant has cut it down and removed it.
The other plant is a Cecil Brunner Rose.
It is in the front driveway.
When it is in bloom you immediatley smell it when you step out of the car.


It covers itself in pink blooms and is simply amazing!


Thanks for allowing me to take a short walk down Memory Lane.
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.


5 comments:

  1. Always love the Bird of Paradise - such an unusual looking flower, rather exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always admired the Bird of Paradise too. It's good to walk down memory lane from time to time. I transplanted some of my mom's flowers from her gardens to mine after she passed...such a beautiful reminder..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty flower. I'm sorry the new people dug it out. The rose sure is big, bushy, and healthy looking! Your blog is a good place to write about your memories.

    I saw on your profile that you like old things. I do, too, but have slowed down on my collecting. If you're interested, in my sidebar is a label about things I collect. I posted photos of my vintage kitchen towels and flower frogs last fall or winter.

    Thank you for your comment on my Fertilizer Friday post. I am enjoying the gazanias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bird of paradise! I wish they would grow here. They are so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your mom sounds like someone I would have liked! I love the bird of paradise too...I used to have one about 20 years ago...they are hard to find here.
    thanks for linking in and sharing your memories with us

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin